Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of the things you don't like about your FT?

Are there any annoyances you've experienced? Post them here and someone might have a solution or fix for your issue.

My issue:

Non-nav Bluetooth Incoming Call Volume.

I know you can set the default ring and call volume, but you can't set them independently from each other.

First time I received a call I almost had a heart attack because the incoming ring was incredibly loud but the actual volume of the call was mediocre.

After the call I went in to the settings and lowered the incoming volume but the next time I answered I couldn't hear the person. Using the volume knob I turned them up but doing this also raised the default volume for the incoming ring as well.

Now every time I get a call but forget to lower the volume I always startle anyone that's with me.

I've gotten used to the 2-sec pause when the music cuts out - I know I'm getting a call.

But I wish the ring volume and voice volume can be independently set.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I 1 trillion % agree. Gah. It's awful. I keep my phone on top of the coin cubby thing so if I see it light up and my music pauses I instantly get ready to accept the call.

Also, initial oil filter tightness was annoying.

·
Registered
60 Posts
+1 on the filter tightness
Didn't come with a spare tire.
Poor lift points for floor jack
Download of phone contacts on every start
Avg mpg calc is always a few mpg off of manual calculation

Love my ft5

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's funny I agree with both of them. Between the oil filter and drain plug Hercules must work at the assembly plant. lol

Well the radio / bluetooth is a-bit annoying and since I'm not going to do to much to the motor I'm starting to gather the parts to do a nice Pioneer (older model AVH I already had) 7" double-din swap.
I said when I bought the car I wasn't going to touch the radio but I can't help myself, plus it's not a Nav unit which I wanted and the only thing interesting is the UVO but I don't use it so lets do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My only complaint at this point, is the auto dimming mirror and the hill stop assist. The mirror almost NEVER works right when it should. They have to have their high beams on and be right behind me in order for it to work right which is annoying in regular night time traffic. And the hill stop, I wish we could turn it off. It seems like when its activated, and then you give it gas, it takes the car a second or two to realize that you are wanting to move forward, and then it disengages.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1-Black soot spots on back of car.Apparently normal For turbo GDI.
Previous 2013 Rio with just 1.6 GDI non Turbo did not do this.
2-Having to Accept the Nav disclaimer ever time after start up :mad:.
3- Fuel consumption not great for a 1.6.

Other than these Great car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Dirty rear is just part of hatch back life. My previous turbo gdi VW GTI was white, the rear always looked filthy and was a big reason why I went black this time. IMO white is much harder to keep looking clean than black.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I hate shifting 19 times only to be doing 35 mph. I just wish all the gears were a tad longer

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hate shifting 19 times only to be doing 35 mph. I just wish all the gears were a tad longer

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Hahaah yeah... I hear ya.

I always used to drive with the RPMS as low as possible... Well aware of LSPI I would never punch it mind you.

Now I just let the motor rev cause apparently its good for GDI's.

·
Registered
524 Posts
When I'm just cruising around I'm generally shifting a gear every 10mph then once cruising over to 6th.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I'm just cruising around I'm generally shifting a gear every 10mph then once cruising over to 6th.
I love my Forte Koup, and after the cheap cheat of the BoV intake, I love it more. But it has a couple of things that annoy me.

1) during a regular drive each gear is around 10 mph and I need to shift a lot in a small drive.
2) the gap between tire and over fender is like 3 inches, I bet if it came lower like 1.50 to 1.75 inches the handling would improve (and it could be lower)
3) the call volume override the default ring volume and you can get a heart attack during an income call
4) I think the SX could have a meaner exhaust from factory. Not like a magnaflow or flowmasters, but something that at least give it more sport style
5) the radio speakers are mehhhh (but that's fine, I preffer to hear the turbo spoils and the BoV rather than music)

I experienced 1, 2 and 4 in my test drive and made me doubt for buy it. But I got a sweet deal for the tech pack ($17k from $25k) and got it. With the spare money I'm planning to make the proper mods that Kia need to add:

1) Storm springs or Coilover (I still need to decide)
2) a nicer exhaust
3) lighter rims

After that I might add a 6th element intake if I decide for more power.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I love my Forte Koup, and after the cheap cheat of the BoV intake, I love it more. But it has a couple of things that annoy me.

1) during a regular drive each gear is around 10 mph and I need to shift a lot in a small drive.
2) the gap between tire and over fender is like 3 inches, I bet if it came lower like 1.50 to 1.75 inches the handling would improve (and it could be lower)
3) the call volume override the default ring volume and you can get a heart attack during an income call
4) I think the SX could have a meaner exhaust from factory. Not like a magnaflow or flowmasters, but something that at least give it more sport style
5) the radio speakers are mehhhh (but that's fine, I preffer to hear the turbo spoils and the BoV rather than music)

I experienced 1, 2 and 4 in my test drive and made me doubt for buy it. But I got a sweet deal for the tech pack ($17k from $25k) and got it. With the spare money I'm planning to make the proper mods that Kia need to add:

1) Storm springs or Coilover (I still need to decide)
2) a nicer exhaust
3) lighter rims

After that I might add a 6th element intake if I decide for more power.
What is the cheap cheat BoV?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Could you show me a picture of how to do that?

Is this what you're ta View attachment 2338

So just unplug it?
Yes, just go to Home Depot and buy a chair cap of 1 inch and a 1 to 1 1/2 hoes clamp. Remove the tube from the intake and close the hose. In contrary to the picture, don't put that filter at the end of the tube. The air from the turbo needs to escape. That small filter will reduce the escape and some air will return. If the air return that will cause some serious damage to the turbo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts