Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First question is on a non HID Koup - how do you adjust the headlights. Wife thinks hers are too low. Anyone have pictures they could post showing the adjusters?
Second question is what is the best way to get to the fog lights? Is it by removing the tire and wheel well liner? Any pictures for this one out there. As always many thanks to you hard workers. You make me look good to the wife when I don't break her car working on it!! :D

·
Registered
981 Posts
The adjuster looks like a tunnel if you look straight down on the assembly and will have a small gear at the bottom.

Will grab a picture of it shortly when I go to the warehouse.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sorry got side tracked at work.

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle

This is passenger side

·
Registered
981 Posts
Just stick a long #2 Phillips screwdriver down there and start turning. It's how I adjusted mine, but I do have hids
I was told I had HIDs too but it turns out they are just halogen projectors. The true factory HIDs are self adjusting and the car I looked at on the Kia lot had electric motors mounted to the back of the light assembly that used this adjuster. Might want to pull the dust cover and see if it is a round HID bulb or the H11 halogen.

It would also be listed on the window sticker since it is not a dealer option.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Here is what mine looks like with the kids
So not all HIDs have the auto adjusters?

Can someone with the auto adjusters get a pic to show the difference?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Where is the servo motor that adjusts the light for the self leveling? The one I seen at the dealer had a servo motor attached to the back of that adjuster in the picture which is obviously nothing more than a gear reduction.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Idk. I don't see no adjusting screws either.
We don't really have adjuster screws its more less a hole with a gear that you turn with a philips screw driver.

@scoobdude, I think everyone will like that link, lots of info there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts