Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Id use LED's for fog lights, but headlights seems a bit too much for me as the light is generally a flood pattern and doesn't focus the light (in my opinion, or at least last time I looked into it) also, we just started carrying a ton of different HID/LED lights and Kits, I will work on adding them to the website in the near future, but for the time being, feel free to message me about any lighting needs!
Tyson

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Honestly I'm still waiting for the Oem hids to come down in price

Reactions: Forte5

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Yeah, I'm just wondering if we're reached a point that the old advice just to use them in fogs for cosmetic purposes has past. This site has some up to 5000 lumens in all the typical color temps too.
H11: Single Beam: Full LED Headlights Kit: LED Headlights Kits - LED Conversion Kits - FREE Shipping & Lifetime Warranty | LedHeadlightsPro.com

As well as a spiel on why to choose LED over HID.
LED vs HID - Which Are Better?: LED Headlights Kits - LED Conversion Kits - FREE Shipping & Lifetime Warranty | LedHeadlightsPro.com
That was actually a good read, I know they have been become used much more often, however looks like they have really made some giant leaps as far as efficiency and wash out is concerned. was just going over a list to convert all my lights except for headlights, I may reconsider
Tyson

·
Registered
458 Posts
Honestly I'm still waiting for the Oem hids to come down in price
Hey Hon, I don't think OEM HIDs will get to a point where they're logically attractive compared to custom works. I've seen and asked questions on your channel on youtube about the mods you've undertook so why not just retrofit some HIDs?

Because my car is my daily driver and I don't have access to a garage like some do with a garaged home, I have been thinking of buying spare headlights to work on. I came across this ad but I'm not fully confident it is true OEM but I might still order one to see.

I see though it has the clear reflector lens which is a tell tale sign that it is Euro spec/KDM spec, correct? Also the LED eyebrow seems to be a solid acrylic piece where as on my car, it is somewhat translucent and beneath it is the SMD LEDs that light the eyebrow by proxy.

Here is the ad on eBay.

Genuine Parts Standard Type Head Light Lamp LH for Kia 2013 2016 Cerato K3 | eBay

Lastly, I also checked out some video on retrofitting bi-xenons since our headlights only has one projector and reflector. Since this is a very time consuming project I think a second/spare headlight would be the prudent method for me, anyway.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have thought about it but thinking it'd look odd with the white led ring that they have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts