Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago I made a thread gauging interest in a big brake kit but apart from a fee people saying it looks good nothing beyond that materialized. I realize modding cars is expensive and many of us have higher priorities like kids and mortgage but it just shows why tuners and fabricators are reluctant to support this car. Even the veloster turbo has a minuscule support network but it isn't ad bad as ours.

Looking at the vendor pages they put out products and new tunes in the case of York and a week, 2 -3 weeks go by and not so much and a bite.

What's going on guys?

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
It's business man.

If I don't make money, I can't do business. I make money by selling parts.
If the demand is there, supply follows. Sometimes the demand is there, but it isn't enough to make money.

We just need more people interested and willing to spend the money!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm not sure.. how far you cast you net to find interest in your product.. but you also contact the veloster groups as well as the facebook groups that cater to both veloster and Forte interest.. Gen 2 forte club on face book is opening and has a lot more active group.. this forum is more of a archive of data.. most of the vendors have found success in using the more active Facebook and veloster turbo. org..

on a side note I'm sorry I missed your post I'm pretty active here.. shoot me the link.. always interested to see what people come up with.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I find the Facebook group more suited to those who happen to own a Forte, while here is more suited to the enthusiast.

That being said Im a member of both but contribute more here... Just a better example of a repository for information.

I see a ton of Forte sedans on the road near me, but no SX. I blame that on Kia's marketing and dealerships though.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
We've noticed a HUGE push over to the Facebook groups from the forums in a past year or so. Basically as stated above the forums are great for archiving information and FB has the most activity because people are almost always on to answer questions and what not. Both outlets serve their purpose in different ways to different crowds.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I agree completely that the 2nd Gen Forte FB page is more active than here, however I peruse both. The FB posts roll off quicker and it's harder to find that one post that told you how to do that thing. This site is where you go if you want to get it done right.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Facebook seems to be the route that everything is going, Though I still spend massive amounts of time on the forums. Unfortunately there is not a very big following with the Forte's the Velosters do seem to have more support, but it is still very limited. It takes a business or an individual that is willing to push before it will start to get attention. Everything that has been done for the Veloster can be done to the Forte. I think that people can get that confused. The 1.6T is a very strong platform, you guys are very fortunate to not have had to deal with the issues that Plagued the Velosters in the beginning, and ever still some are dealing with.

The Forte is a great looking car, it is fun to drive, and is very very comfortable. It has not taken off, and it may never. There will always be certain people who want to take it beyond what everyone else does, but that is not usually enough. That is what kills support for vehicles, If a bunch of vendors have interest in the platform, and no one is willing to go to them, they will eventually leave, even if they don't want to. That is just business.

I have had quite a bit of great conversations with people here, and get along with pretty much all of you. This is one of the most relaxed and helpful forums I have been on, and that is saying something considering at the moment, I spend 8-12 hours a day between 6 different forums and Facebook, along with the countless others that I have been on in the past. There is a ton of potential here, everyone just needs to see it. There are Velosters out there that are beating records on tracks, horsepower, ones that are wide body and slammed. I would love to see you guys giving them a run for their money. A little friendly rivalry will bring out the best in everyone.

As always, if anyone needs anything, has any questions, comments, concerns, or just wants to chat about their car or our products. I am always around. I do my absolute best to get back to everyone in a timely manner. I want to see this forum filled with new posts. Lets get back to that.
Tyson

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
"Rant"

So in regards to lack of interest I want to express or whatever, about kia. So I started working for kia in December 2015 in sales. Me being a car enthusiast saw an sx turbo hatch forte. I'm like sweet I want it so I bought it. ive checked the surrounding dealers and within about 500 miles there wasn't another one I could see in inventory. Odd but at the time I figured it was because changing year or something.

Now working here for almost a year no sx fortes have been ordered. BTW the forte I purchased was over 250 days old, and in the sales biz that is even for a new car 200 days too old. Also I'm tied in with four other kia dealerships in the surrounding 300 miles of Minnesota Wisconsin. The tecs here have probably never worked on the 1.6ltr. Ive spoken to them in length about my car but they never took any interest on anything about the forte. They didn't even know the forte came in a turbo, or most the sales staff here.. but we never got them here so why would they know.

So kia marketing??? they wont send the sx to the dealership and I don't blame them because the one time we had one it didn't sell. Until me...
We do about 60 to 80 new cars a month here. not huge volume but between the other stores that do a little bit more you would think there would be some sx's out there.

Example in price EX hatch no leather, auto, 20k SX leather trim and turbo!! 21k I'm rounding to keep math simple and rant short.
EX sedan with leather21k to 25k with roof and nav. Same price as the SX with nav roof ect.

So why isn't kia building more and trying to sell them if they are a very similar cost to the EX counter part. More turbo Fortes = more followers tuners ect. Because I know before I started working for kia I had no idea about the forte turbo and I think a lot of people like myself may find that they buy this car because of cost and style, then find out hey I can mod this for relatively lost cost make it a little more powerful and still 10k less the a Subaru WRX ( really popular here) and everywhere mostly lol

So I'm just complaining but it really bothers me that inventory/availability is so low that no one even knows what they are there. I understand that they don't sell in my area but maybe they would if someone saw one once and a while. or advertising ect. its just crazy that I speak from experience that there is 0 push to sell the sx trim...

Reactions: mr_sippi_forte

·
Registered
633 Posts
The tecs here have probably never worked on the 1.6ltr. Ive spoken to them in length about my car but they never took any interest on anything about the forte. They didn't even know the forte came in a turbo, or most the sales staff here.. but we never got them here so why would they know.
Hearing this especially from some one who works for Kia is what scares me.

God forbid the day comes where something goes wrong with my car I'm supposed to trust a tech that likely has never seen my car.

Last oil change I had it in for they had never seen one.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have just forked over the extra 3k for a Focus ST.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hearing this especially from some one who works for Kia is what scares me.

God forbid the day comes where something goes wrong with my car I'm supposed to trust a tech that likely has never seen my car.

Last oil change I had it in for they had never seen one.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have just forked over the extra 3k for a Focus ST.
Well I'll be honest, I've worked for Ford Chevy Toyota and now Kia. As far as working and being involved with the shops for all dealerships I've found the most talent/passion was at Ford. Now I fully believe that dealers can be case by case as far as knowledge with vehicles but if the past shows when I was with Ford for a short time it was crazy on how great there mechanics were. I have never had that experience anywhere else. However the guys I work with now are great at what they do. They have built mustangs to civics pushin 12 or 13 seconds none turbo stats. I would trust them with any diagnostic with new cars. Kia especially. But still it's concerning when they ask what your forte is a turbo?? Either way it's a toss up where you get your vehicle warrantied

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah I went to the dealer for the first free oil change. Looked over the paperwork after and it said they used 5W20.... That's only in spec for the non-turbo.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Yeah, it's kind of cool being the only car around, but it really hurts the aftermarket. Nice insight, CrazyFritter.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Just means you have to convince your friends to buy more Forte's to increase the market! ;)

Yeah I went to the dealer for the first free oil change. Looked over the paperwork after and it said they used 5W20.... That's only in spec for the non-turbo.
As you know, dealerships think they know what they are talking about. If you know what you're talking about using the dealership isnt a bad idea, you just have to check behind their work every now and then. haha

·
Registered
217 Posts
I remember when I purchased my car that they did a swap for the red SX they had in the showroom with another dealership to get my blue one. It was apparently the first F5 SX they had sold. They were very coy when I ask earlier in the year how many F5 T's they'd sold and said "a few", which I suspect really translates into "one or two".
I was told that it was the only SX premium in Corsa blue in Ontario. I thought that might have been a bit of bluster from the dealership, but I don't think it was. I still haven't seen ANY F5's of any spec in blue. White and grey, yes, but not blue. In fact, F5's seem rather rare in any spec.
While driving to Maine in september we took the long route - Ontario, through Quebec, onto Vermont, and then into New Hampshire and finally Maine. On the way back we went back through Massachusetts, then onto Buffalo in New York. I think I saw maybe three F5's that entire trip. Scarce isn't the word!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I remember when I purchased my car that they did a swap for the red SX they had in the showroom with another dealership to get my blue one. It was apparently the first F5 SX they had sold. They were very coy when I ask earlier in the year how many F5 T's they'd sold and said "a few", which I suspect really translates into "one or two".
I was told that it was the only SX premium in Corsa blue in Ontario. I thought that might have been a bit of bluster from the dealership, but I don't think it was. I still haven't seen ANY F5's of any spec in blue. White and grey, yes, but not blue. In fact, F5's seem rather rare in any spec.
While driving to Maine in september we took the long route - Ontario, through Quebec, onto Vermont, and then into New Hampshire and finally Maine. On the way back we went back through Massachusetts, then onto Buffalo in New York. I think I saw maybe three F5's that entire trip. Scarce isn't the word!
I see RIOs, Souls more than any other models.

As far as colour goes, I've only seen white F5s SX. Haven't seen a black or grey or blue yet.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Over here in cali I see a ton of F5 non turbos and sedans. I have only seen 1 turbo F5 and 1 Koup outside the 2 friends I have that own them. It seems people are just looking for a basic car in the price range and don't care about the tech stuff or even leather and want a A to B car instead

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was thrilled to find this page and the FB one as well. I hope that things will pick up here and that we continue to support the guys that develop parts for the SX cars. I wanna go FAYAST!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Amen to all this. I'm in the Toledo area, I finally found a cache of F5s at Byers KIA near Columbus, Lewis Center OH to be specific.
I've run into a couple of sharp KIA techs and fewer than that in sales, since my first Spectra in 2008. Great car, BTW. No troubles, as with the two subsequent Souls. I wish I could say that about the 2008 GP GXP, '11 200V6, '13 Charger. I just leased a 2016 Challenger SXT+ but some electronic glitches--real or just typical of GPS I don't know--really turned me off because I had major issues with Central Command Center in the Charger.

At any rate, Chally is up on swapalease and I'm looking for an F5t. These cars drive so nice, the torque reminds me of my 1999 Golf TDi but much quicker of course and it doesn't run out of breath at four grand.

So what oil do they take? I'm glad I found this forum, looks like a nice place to hang my hat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts