Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have been curious if anyone has had issues with the koup doors and windows icing up. I thought about this before but this morning we had some snow/rain and the window did not roll down that little bit. I had issues with this before when I had battery disconnected when i installed my amp until I rolled window down and back up again, i assume the car thought the window was already down. But if the window is stuck up it will bind. I have noticed this morning but my worry is me not noticing one day and go to close door and window breaks. If you have a forte5 you might not know what I'm talking about. This morning i scraped the window then pushed it down and no problems.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lol yeah I don't think there is a solution but just figured I'd see if anyone else had experience any issues yet.... my new house only has a single garage but I might park in there this winter. Just got to make room. Full of tires and car parts from old car and stuff... probably going to put winter tires on next weekend and haul everything else to my shed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mustangs don't have a frame around the windows like us? I always thought it was kind of dumb. What if battery dies. I know you can open the door and but when you go to close it the window wants to bind. Wonder of anyone has broken any? I know the pontiac g6s are like that too , my aunt had one.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some other manufacturers done the same thing.... not only kia and I still never got any proper solution but weather has been decent. It's when it freezes then gets warm then freezes and you get lots of ice build up that you have problems. .... I poured some washer fluid along window and have a zip tie to poke in between the seal and glass. Plastic card doesn't fit.... suggested by other car forums.... but with the washer fluid in there maybe it won't freeze up? I've had some mornings it wouldn't roll down and all I had to do was push switch and it broke loss no problem. .... I can remember my window but I'm always worried about passengers.... if I am bringing some one. I always try to roll down there window a little before they even get in he car....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.