Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span lang="EN-US"></span>

<span lang="EN-US">Kia has released sketches for the new Stonic crossover.

According to the Korean automaker, the name Stonic comes from combining the words “Speedy” and “Tonic,” which also refers to the first and last note in the musical scale. As a result, the crossover’s name suggests it’ll be agile while offering something new and fresh in the compact crossover segment. Spy photographers have already caught the Stonic testing, but these sketches reveal more of the design direction Kia is going with the compact crossover.</span>

<span lang="EN-US">Read more about the Kia Compact Crossover at AutoGuide.com.</span>

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Is there "no-like" button?

·
Registered
514 Posts
bros be like imma put 30 inch rims on that ride j/k haha
i see regular cars with BIG ASS WHEELS over here every now and then and thats what that reminds me of.
no-like for me

·
Registered
380 Posts
Fifty bucks says it's basically a smaller Sportage... not necessarily a bad thing, the 2017 ones are pretty nice.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i cant get off the wheels haha almost the size of the door lol

·
Registered
633 Posts
I thought the Niro was their compact crossover lol.

Them wheels... *Shudder*

·
Registered
380 Posts

Them wheels... *Shudder*
No way, Niro is not compact but is a crossover, and it's only in hybrid, so not even close... And this is a obviously an artist rendition, I doubt it ends up looking much like this at all, especially the cartoon wheels. :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Niro is definitely compact. Basically just a lifted Forte5. Only an inch longer/wider but actually smaller on the inside.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Niro is definitely compact. Basically just a lifted Forte5. Only an inch longer/wider but actually smaller on the inside.
To be fair, the F5 is actually a midsize by interior volume, it's just a compact as far as marketing class... And ya, the Niro probably has battery packs that compromise interior room, I see the Stonic in the CX-3/HR-V category, subcompact crossover.

·
Registered
380 Posts

Them wheels... *Shudder*
Thankfully that's just an artist rendition, it will probably get 18"'s at most IRL and not those cartoon lifted 22's, heh...

·
Registered
524 Posts
To be fair, the F5 is actually a midsize by interior volume, it's just a compact as far as marketing class... And ya, the Niro probably has battery packs that compromise interior room, I see the Stonic in the CX-3/HR-V category, subcompact crossover.
Midsize starts at 110 cubic feet. Forte5 is 98. Niro is 97. Which makes them both subcompacts(85-99.9)

CX-3 and HR-V are bigger than both and are compacts at 100.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts