Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2015 sx koup and I seen on this site that many members have the forte5 sx. So I was just wondering in everyone's opinion which model is better? I know it's the same car. I never see any koups in my area and just seen my first forte5 today.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I got my 5 for a few simple reasons. One I am 6'3 and I wanted a sunroof. I sat in the Koup with one and my head touched the roof. The other is I have 2 little ones and we go on trips a lot so the 5 had more room for all of us.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so the 5 is way more roomier . I never sat in a 5, when I got my koup the dealership only the 3 koups .

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's odd im 6'5" and fit comfortably in my koup, sunroof and all. Which im only 205lbs. My father is 6'4" 320+ lol and he cant fit comfortably in my car. For me I might have actually pursued a 5 if i had ever found one. My '14 koup i got for 15,900 with only 5k miles and its got the tech and lux packages fully loaded. I normally prefer hatches as the added versatility is a huge plus, and they look good in my opinion. However I love my Koup and it stands out as a 2dr and for a small affordable car that's saying a lot.

·
Registered
524 Posts
6'7 and space and utility is definitely why I went for the 5. Plus just a lifelong love of hatches which has me preferring the look of the 5. Never really considered the Koup. Though I did consider a 2 door 1.8T Golf as the primary contender to the 5 in my shopping.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i only had the option for the F5. but the 1st gen koups just look a lot better than the 2nd gen sx koups. kia messed up there

·
Registered
633 Posts
God damn giants here.

Well at 5'9 and 180 lbs...room so much wasn't an issue, but convenience was. And 5 doors are better than 2!

I'm a big fan of hatchbacks so it was a no brainer to me. The Koup is a nice vehicle, but id pick the 5 any day. I can also fit a set of tires in the back with the seats down with ease, same goes with a flat screen and all my girlfriends luggage.

No kids yet, and not usually more than 2 people in the car at a given time. So I figured the 5 was more practical.

Backseats are much roomier compared to my 2012 Mazda 3 which I'm sure my passengers appreciate!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
What do you guys eat that you grew so much?

I, being 175 cm, 72 kg (I think that is 5' 9" and 160 lb), being almost 40, having wife, and two kids - Koup was not an option.
Simple as that.
Plus, in my opinion Forte5 looks better.
What I dislike in coups is the seat belt being far back and reaching it is not easy.

Many times, though I wish I had gotten automatic. The gears are too short. Also, boost drops with every shift...

·
Registered
633 Posts
What do you guys eat that you grew so much?

I, being 175 cm, 72 kg (I think that is 5' 9" and 160 lb), being almost 40, having wife, and two kids - Koup was not an option.
Simple as that.
Plus, in my opinion Forte5 looks better.
What I dislike in coups is the seat belt being far back and reaching it is not easy.

Many times, though I wish I had gotten automatic. The gears are too short. Also, boost drops with every shift...
Gears may be short, but I don't regret buying the MT. Even considering my drive home from work is spent on highway traffic 10-20 km/h. Clutch in, clutch out.

My left leg is looking damn good these days.

Now I do wish the clutch wasn't so inconsistent.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Gears may be short, but I don't regret buying the MT. Even considering my drive home from work is spent on highway traffic 10-20 km/h. Clutch in, clutch out.
Don't get me wrong, I love M/T, I learnt only on them and I would always fall for them.
Yet, this one is very annoying.
I do not get why A/T has taller gears (at least 5 and 6). The rest of them are shorter...

Even my Elantra, 5 speed, had taller 5th gear than 6th in Elantra.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Koup. Nuff said bra.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i only had the option for the F5. but the 1st gen koups just look a lot better than the 2nd gen sx koups. kia messed up there
Yeah, though the 1st gen was an obvious copy of a Civic SI. At least they've got their own style now.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Only 5'10" and 165lb nearing 45 and one 16 yr old daughter and no attachments the Koup was the perfect choice. If I haul something I have a truck and enclosed trailer for that.

The seat belt isn't a big deal if you don't use the back seats, the arm actually holds the belt forward in a good spot but if you do use the back seat and the arm is down yes it can be a pain to reach.

·
Registered
521 Posts
5 definitely for the space and utility.
Kid on the way so 2 doors wasn't allowed by the boss.
The hatch is a perfect place for my hound to ride. She doesn't lick my ears while I'm driving and she can look around out the back or lay down. It's easy for her to hop in or out of it and the cargo area liner can be hosed out.

Also I'm 6' 1". I didn't realize forte 5 sx drivers are all several inches above average.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol I'm only 5'6, I can fit into either with no problem.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I really have to agree that the 1st generation Koup looks better by a far margin. The Forte5 however looks better than the first. For me, I never considered the Koup because I don't like Koups but at the time before Kia announced I briefly looked at the Koup 1st gen only because everyone has a Civic coupe. Truth be told Kia only appealed to me because of the value proposition. Many thousands cheaper than the Honda or other variants. All that said the Forte5 SX is damn good value for the money. Comparable cars in this range is what? A Golf ? Those things are well built and all but VW Canada doesn't even ask if you want lube. Their interest rates are astronomical.

·
Registered
524 Posts
So get financing at a credit union or bank instead? Or do you not have those up there with the igloos? :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
No idea. I also have bad credit due to my younger days. What ever that's then this is now, I'm rolling with the punches.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts