1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interested? Yes
Ready for a tune... no
come on sxth downpipe:p
Just curious why you're waiting for SXTH to release it when others have already released theirs?

I wanted to ask how many prefer Tork over say 845Motorsport or BTR/etc? I read a thread on the VT forums saying Tork has the most blown engines out of all the tuners but that's because they tune more cars than anyone else so the failure rate is higher..

@Mattman, where in Toronto can we get our cars tuned? I'd personally like to go with TOrk because their numbers are higher :eek:. I want to eventually upgrade the turbo and get more power than the stock turbo will yield but at this point, I'lll be content with 300HP crank. Need to do the supporting mods first.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just curious why you're waiting for SXTH to release it when others have already released theirs?

I wanted to ask how many prefer Tork over say 845Motorsport or BTR/etc? I read a thread on the VT forums saying Tork has the most blown engines out of all the tuners but that's because they tune more cars than anyone else so the failure rate is higher..

@Mattman, where in Toronto can we get our cars tuned? I'd personally like to go with TOrk because their numbers are higher :eek:. I want to eventually upgrade the turbo and get more power than the stock turbo will yield but at this point, I'lll be content with 300HP crank. Need to do the supporting mods first.
To be honest SXTH is my personal preference. The reason behind preferring SXTH products over others is largely in fact to their presentation. They present their products in such a way as to display there R&D efforts to bring their best products to us. It's the old measure twice cut once bit. That and their transparent and very knowledgeable on the forums.

As for a tune I'd much prefer to do it locally as opposed to a "canned" tune. This way you can work with the shop and use their expertise so you don't overcook your setup. Personally I'll be shooting for the 80% mark. Tuning to 80% of whatever my max numbers are to keep my car as reliable as I can until I muster up the cash for internals and other mods. I haven't looked into any local shops yet as I'm still waiting for at least my dp before a tune. Ideally I'd love to have it around 300 to the wheels but if I was going that far I would definitely be shopping for an LSD and heavily invest in the suspension and tires to out that down nicely. In all realism I'd be happy with 250-275whp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts