Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
441 - 458 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
View attachment 12458

2016 SX Koup
Bought it last week with 11 miles on it.
I like it!
Congrats Bob, I've had my 2016 Forte 5 SX since November and I'm in love. I hope you get the same enjoyment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks
I am liking it more and more.
The Koup is so nice looking, I got to thinking that if it didn't say KIA on the it, some people may be fooled.
I just blacked out the emblems and the wheels.
We'll see if what happens.

Take care
Bob

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks
I am liking it more and more.
The Koup is so nice looking, I got to thinking that if it didn't say KIA on the it, some people may be fooled.
I just blacked out the emblems and the wheels.
We'll see if what happens.

Take care
Bob

The black out emblems from K5Optima were a nice touch.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are the front and back glued or bolted?
I just covered mine.
They use 3m double sided foam tape, which is similar to the OEM emblems. I just used dental floss and goo gone to saw behind the original emblems. Then they just pop off. Clean the area and stick the new ones on. I catch people trying to figure out what I'm driving all the time. A nice touch IMO.

There's one post in the middle of the oem emblems, so you saw from on side then the other before you pull it out. No bolts or anything to worry about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does the emblem in your picture give the car away as a KIA?
I'm hoping someone has to ask me what kind of car it is.
Not sure what I'll tell them though :cool:

There are hardly any KIA's around here.

·
Registered
72 Posts

So that emblem is the "broken k" or "3.0" which from what I understand is the Korean Kia emblem. People who know KDM will know it, but a lot of people still ask.

And you tell them it's a Forte Turbo! That way you can watch them weep in the rear view when they get beat by a Kia

·
Registered
238 Posts

The broken K emblems with the white inlays would look great on your white car! I used silver plasti dip to create silver inlays for my broken K emblems. IMO broken K badges look the best when the inlay color matches the car. IMG_1045.jpg

I plasti dipped the wheel centers black. IMG_0946.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
The broken K emblems with the white inlays would look great on your white car! I used silver plasti dip to create silver inlays for my broken K emblems. IMO broken K badges look the best when the inlay color matches the car. View attachment 12474

I plasti dipped the wheel centers black. View attachment 12482
You have wheel locks on stockies? I have aftermarket wheels but I'm thinking anyone who wants to take your wheels they will. I also want to get those colour bolts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are right.
I should get wheel locks soon.
I have stock wheels.

This car is something that I needed for work transportation as I spend 4 to 5 hours each day in the car.
After spending lots of time on the used lots, I just decided to bite the bullet and go new.
Then I didn't have any idea what to get.
Someone told me about the KIA warranty, and that since I put so many miles on a car each year,
look at them.
I decided I wanted a white car, and a coupe.
Not too much to pick from.
Saw a Forte on the net and starting looking for one.
Not easy!
When I found one, it happened to be a new SX, and about a half an hour from where I work.
I had to take what the dealer had.
I don't need the turbo or other bells and whistles, but now that I have it I am very happy :rolleyes:

My 199 Pontiac Grand Am had 290,129 miles on it and I had to do something about that.
It still ran good, and I got 28 to 30 MPG, but it was just getting old.
That car and I spent a lot of time together...

Take care
Bob

·
Registered
238 Posts
You have wheel locks on stockies? I have aftermarket wheels but I'm thinking anyone who wants to take your wheels they will. I also want to get those colour bolts.
Those are from my 2012 SX. They were on that car when I bought it.

441 - 458 of 458 Posts