Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought 19" wheels partly because I'm very satisfied with the look of the OEM 18" as-is but would wanted a bit more "fill" look. I don't want to slam the car to the point where some of the tires tuck into the wheel well but I'm not sure how the 19" will look on stock height.

I find the stock height is pretty good for a daily driver going over speed bumps, pot holes, etc. For guys who have dropped another 1-2" do you find it severely compromises your driving behaviour? Like going over bumps like a granny.

Having just spent a couple of thousand dollars on the wheel setup, I don't really want to spend another $1000 on the BC Racing coil-overs. Would you guys recommend the springs for the Veloster or just go with the stock height on the 19"? I'm still on my winter setup and the ride is spongy as hell, lol. Doesn't inspire confidence going around bends.

Will I have fitment issues, you guys?

19" x 8.5" 5/114.3 38 74.10
225/35R19 88W

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just bought 19" wheels partly because I'm very satisfied with the look of the OEM 18" as-is but would wanted a bit more "fill" look. I don't want to slam the car to the point where some of the tires tuck into the wheel well but I'm not sure how the 19" will look on stock height.

I find the stock height is pretty good for a daily driver going over speed bumps, pot holes, etc. For guys who have dropped another 1-2" do you find it severely compromises your driving behaviour? Like going over bumps like a granny.

Having just spent a couple of thousand dollars on the wheel setup, I don't really want to spend another $1000 on the BC Racing coil-overs. Would you guys recommend the springs for the Veloster or just go with the stock height on the 19"? I'm still on my winter setup and the ride is spongy as hell, lol. Doesn't inspire confidence going around bends.

Will I have fitment issues, you guys?

19" x 8.5" 5/114.3 38 74.10
225/35R19 88W
Sounds super exciting - I love aftermarket wheels. Hopefully not a silly question, but did you check one of the online fitment sites? Your 19s are an inch wider than stock and the offset is 17mm further out than stock - you could be pretty tight on not rubbing. No ideas sorry about how the bigger diameter (19 inch versus 18 inch) will go though - some of the other members who have played around with springs etc will hopefully help you there. Be really keen to see some photos - I'm not aware of anyone running 19s so I'm interested to see how it looks. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I honestly think your going to rub if you drop 1.5-2". The few of us that are just on springs it drops us to right at the top of the tires on the stock setup.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm going to wait and see how it looks on stock height. I am amazed how low it is already when ever I get into the car, it isn't that high off the ground, imo.

Either way, the wheels will not be here for at least 2 weeks. Hopefully it will be at the end of April so I can install them without fear of a freak snow storm.

The tires I'm going with are the OHTSU FP8000 I believe is the name. They are Falken budget brand. $130 a pop for 19" summers / but oddly enough they are also listed as kind of all seasons. I think they call them high performance all season tires. At any rate, I'll have pictures for sure when they're installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts