Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
I put about 15-20 songs on it and I think it's full.
You mean capacity in number of songs?
Are you talking about for example "Saturday Night and Sunday Morning" by Phil Collins or "Coma" by Guns N' Roses? Meaning, 1:26 vs 10:16... lol
Also, compression is a factor, VBR or 320 kbps?

I cannot give you straight answer, I put several songs and it did not tell me how much space was there left. I would presume... and that is wrong to begin with, that there would be 1 GB? How hard is it to put 1 GB storage? Could be 256 MB? Maybe...

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
Also make sure your software is up to date on uvo. They recently put a new one out that fixes the call issue (no separate ringer and phone volume)
How do you update UVO?
I checked UVO website and they claims mine is up to date, although it has not been updated since production (Aug 2015)...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Post 22 from this thread:

http://www.kia-forums.com/showthread.php?t=202314

"This bulletin provides the procedure for upgrading the UVO system on some 2014~2016MY Soul (PS), Sorento (XMa)/(UMa), Optima (TF HEV), Forte (YD), Sportage (SL) 2015~2016MY Sedona (YP), and 2014-2015(MY) Optima (QT/TF) vehicles to address “Incoming ring volume too loud” complaints when using certain smartphones (non-iPhone). Additionally, in 2014MY vehicles the upgrade will also improve Bluetooth connectivity and Voice Recognition (VR).

For vehicles not on the Affected Vehicles list, but with a customer concern as described above, perform the following procedure outlined in this bulletin and submit a warranty claim per "customer concern" (Standard TSB ) claim information on page 10."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.