Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it's been a long time since I've been on. Did a lot of changes to the car back to stock. I'm glad I did though. I recently have been experiencing some power loss and severe stuttering from my car also went into limp mode and would not go over 3k rpm. So I took it into the dealership. They ran some tests on the car and two techs took it out to see if they could re create my reports. Well they had the same thing happen to them. Long story short, my fuel pump ha seven failing for some time now, my injectors are trash, my FMIC has a huge crack and leak, and the turbo has serous oil blow through in it. All are getting replaced. My fuel pump is getting upgraded to a high pressure fuel pump. Apparently after time of small abuse and higher revs the pump likes to fail and so do the injectors. Now remember my car was tastefully modded, but no turbo upgrade. Went back to stock and started experiencing all this about 2 months after the fact. Never had it happen while the mods were on the car. Was curious if anyone else has had their fuel pump fail out on them?!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Fuel pumps fail to be certain. Are these Kia's equipped with "digital" or purely electronically controlled pumps OR are they just mechanical units. Forcing a mechanical pump to over-achieve (more volume than ever designed for) will put it to certain death; mostly due to heat and wear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts