Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UVO Non-NAV

Hey guys,

So for the past month I've been having an INTERMITTENT issue where the stock radio will not recognize my iPod through the USB slot and it will not connect with my Bluetooth.

If i turn the car off and back on, the radio is completely dead. Won't turn on at all... No lights, sound, backup camera etc.

If i park it and come back after a couple hours, everything is working just fine.

This has happened 3 times so far.

I mentioned it to the dealer and of course "nothing was wrong". I asked if there was any new software updates and available and nothing.

I've tried:

1) Different phone + iPod
2) Repairing my phone
3) Unhooking the battery for 30 mins
4) checked fuses

Anyone experience something similar? I would assume it's the actual head unit taking a dive as I don't think a connection would prevent my Bluetooth from connecting.

·
Registered
188 Posts
UVO Non

I had this happen with an optima and they had to replace the whole head unit. there was no update that I'm aware of. With it being intermittent its tough to deal with the dealership but I know they have covered them before for this same issue. just my two cents but I'm pretty sure it is the whole unit and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I appreciate the response.

The dealership kinda gave me the stare that I had 2 heads when I tried explaining the issue. Of course it works just fine when they test it.

Next time it happens I'll catch it on video.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Don't let the dealership blow you off. Ask to have the head unit tested - and getting it on video is the BEST idea to show the service manager.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts