Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have a car starter yet. Actually one place said there is no way yet to put a car starter in a car with manual and push start. But would be nice to be able to lock the door while car idle to warm up..... I found a Volkswagen forum there was a way. Not sure if there's a way with the kia....
Do you have any ideas @kneegradamus
Also if anyone has a starter with a manual, could you share more info.... not sure why it's not possible, I've had them on other cars. Not sure why the push button be any different.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
reason why its no common for what your saying is mainly the clutch switch has to be jumpered for it to start. which means you have to be 110% certain every time you park the car its in neutral

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
They dont make a starter for this model yet. I wouldnt reccomend the stock starter anyway. Go aftermarket. Even better yet i can get you a killer price on a system. All you have to do find an installer. Beleive me you dont want to attmept it yourself. One wrong wire and boom!! Trust me

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yes this is true. But i will have to check if theres a procedure.. Either way. Most likely . the point is you arent supposed to leave a car unattented and running. Lol.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
reason why its no common for what your saying is mainly the clutch switch has to be jumpered for it to start. which means you have to be 110% certain every time you park the car its in neutral
There are remote starts for manual cars that have procedures to make sure you in neutral or else itnwont start.
The last one i had (viper)
Was tap break and apply e brake twice

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have left before with keys and there's loud beeping so I quickly throw keys back inside car. Never waited long enough to see what happens but I know if one set of keys in car and other in pocket. You can't lock the door. And yes I'd go aftermarket, I have a guy that normally does my installs but have not been able to get a hold of him yet.... he does them for the company I used to work for(sister company) so I don't talk to him much anymore. But he usually charges like $100-$500 depending in his mood and how much work is needed and what system you get.... he is crazy swamped this time of year too.... everyone waits until last minute to say hey I need a car starter or hey there's snow on the ground maybe I should get my winter tires put on. I might wait few months for things to slow down then go see him but just heard that their is no car starters for push start and manual transmission. Factory or aftermarket. ....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The beeping is telling you there is no key in the car

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't have a car starter yet. Actually one place said there is no way yet to put a car starter in a car with manual and push start. But would be nice to be able to lock the door while car idle to warm up..... I found a Volkswagen forum there was a way. Not sure if there's a way with the kia....
Do you have any ideas @kneegradamus
Also if anyone has a starter with a manual, could you share more info.... not sure why it's not possible, I've had them on other cars. Not sure why the push button be any different.
Take the door key out of the end of the key fob and lock the door. Someone can still steal your car. I left the fob inside my house to see if you can drive off withou it. You can drive it until you shut it off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a local company to me that does push button and manual trans remote starters, but you have to sign a waiver.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In the winter I would
1) take the key out of the fob
2) leave the fob in the car
3) exit the car
4) lock the doors from the inside drivers switch
5) lock the door with the key

·
Registered
109 Posts
From personal experience, don't put a remote start on a manual car without the neutral lockout. I did, and my car ended up in my apartment many moons ago. Lesson learned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts