Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in the Evilla 4 point brace. It looks kind of hardcore but having been driving on coil overs for a while, I still feel like there's some "slop" and wouldn't mind going full #bcuzracecar. I have no chassis reinforcement whatsoever so some advice in this area would be greatly appreciated. Iv'e read some say the rear torsion bar is a must.

·
Registered
827 Posts
ForteGT5 - with these platform sharing cars, there is the situation of chassis slop between the models using different transmission and engines. So a chassis brace can't hurt. I'm going to ask my mechanic buddy if we can get a torsion rear bar and my bushings installed. Did you do the collar bolts? Night and day difference.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't. I've been trying to order the engine mount from sxth but it's always out of stock.

I see evila also has the 4 point brace.

Going ot order some this weekend.

·
Registered
534 Posts
A front strut bar made a difference in mine. Slight but more that I thought it would.

Front sway bar bushings helped also. Again, slight but more than I thought they would

Rear torsion bar and brace really helped

Rigid collars helped out some. Best bang for the buck

Storm springs are my favorite mod though. Helps with looks, helps with handling and rides like stock

·
Registered
827 Posts
No I haven't. I've been trying to order the engine mount from sxth but it's always out of stock.

I see evila also has the 4 point brace.

Going ot order some this weekend.
Forte5GT Have you considered trying the motor mount bushings? Try hard or soft or a combination of the bushings. Is there anything to be done with the upper motor mount, by the passenger side strut tower?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have the 65a mount. I have less traction now but almost no wheel hop 😁. Amazon for 30 bucks. Someone posted on Facebook and I think I posted it here somewhere, but if you cut into them to mimic the stock mount it's supposed to be even better for the vibration from the a/c. The sxth mount is supposed to help even more with the vibration though. But from being in a car with both I say you are 80 to 90% there with just the bushings

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the 65a mount. I have less traction now but almost no wheel hop 😁. Amazon for 30 bucks. Someone posted on Facebook and I think I posted it here somewhere, but if you cut into them to mimic the stock mount it's supposed to be even better for the vibration from the a/c. The sxth mount is supposed to help even more with the vibration though. But from being in a car with both I say you are 80 to 90% there with just the bushings
Post up a link.

I'm going going to go full race car mode.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have the 65a mount. I have less traction now but almost no wheel hop ��. Amazon for 30 bucks. Someone posted on Facebook and I think I posted it here somewhere, but if you cut into them to mimic the stock mount it's supposed to be even better for the vibration from the a/c. The sxth mount is supposed to help even more with the vibration though. But from being in a car with both I say you are 80 to 90% there with just the bushings
Scoobdude - did you ever post pix? Even your MONSTER photos?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm interested in the Evilla 4 point brace. It looks kind of hardcore but having been driving on coil overs for a while, I still feel like there's some "slop" and wouldn't mind going full #bcuzracecar. I have no chassis reinforcement whatsoever so some advice in this area would be greatly appreciated. Iv'e read some say the rear torsion bar is a must.
How much lower is 4 point than rest of undercarriage?
I have collars and don't feel much difference
Rear bar made big positive difference
Dog bone bushing is a good upgrade too, reduce a lot of engine movement.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts

Patryk - do the MTX vs AT Kia Forte cars have different engine movement problems?. I LOVE a good motor mount bushing upgrade (mandatory in the old NEON and SRT4 days) - BUT I don't mind my smooth idle and quiet running Auto-tranny KOUP; I'd hate to give up the smoothness.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That is the set up I have. I would like to add a bottom brace though. But those 3 should make a really nice improvement

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you guys think completely cutting the part that covers the shocks will affect the moulding that attaches to the windshield? It completely blocks the dial for the coil overs and adjusting it is a pain the butt.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Do you guys think completely cutting the part that covers the shocks will affect the moulding that attaches to the windshield? It completely blocks the dial for the coil overs and adjusting it is a pain the butt.

Did you get install instructions? Maybe they could PDF you a copy to resolve the clearance issue?

·
Registered
534 Posts
There is a push pin on the outside of the struts that holds that piece down. I don't think it would be a good idea. But maybe put a hole through the top or use the open side that you need to adjust them?

Eli has a video on how to cut the price so the strut bar works though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks man. I was wondering why all the modded cars on YouTube like WRX, GTI, or similar cars running coils have the dials all conveniently exposed. Then I thought well it's probably not like that from the factory to protect the components.

I think I'll have to pick up a Dremel tool and hack away at it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Patryk - do the MTX vs AT Kia Forte cars have different engine movement problems?. I LOVE a good motor mount bushing upgrade (mandatory in the old NEON and SRT4 days) - BUT I don't mind my smooth idle and quiet running Auto-tranny KOUP; I'd hate to give up the smoothness.
I saw a video by a guy who installed an aftermarket one and aid idle is tough with vibration. No idea if it's sxth but it was Veloster.

·
Registered
534 Posts
On the F5 at least they shoved the windshield over the engine bay. That is why they needed to add that particular cover for the wipers, vents etc. None of my other cars has covers like that. Most did have a dust cover for the strut only though but not the big piece we have in the f5

In regards to idle mine is not that bad only when the car is running rough already from a/c on and the high almost temps. Only other time is with high electric last like when the windows stop rolling up at the top etc. Also on hot starts. But once that is all done it's livable

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On the F5 at least they shoved the windshield over the engine bay. That is why they needed to add that particular cover for the wipers, vents etc. None of my other cars has covers like that. Most did have a dust cover for the strut only though but not the big piece we have in the f5

In regards to idle mine is not that bad only when the car is running rough already from a/c on and the high almost temps. Only other time is with high electric last like when the windows stop rolling up at the top etc. Also on hot starts. But once that is all done it's livable
You have sxth mount? Is it the street or race version?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts