Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my iPod Classic (160GB) looks like it finally bit the dust, and Apple stopped making them in 2014. The nearest thing Apple has is the 6th generation iPod Touch available in 128GB. I like to carry my whole music / audiobook / podcast library with me as I do a lot of driving and want to be able to listen to whatever I want whenever I want.

I'd prefer to stay with iPod as I like the integration with the head unit (I have the OEM Nav in my system) rather than just dumping files onto a large USB drive.

My question is whether a 6th gen iPod Touch (running iOS 9) works with our Fortes. I have a 2016 Koup SX Luxury (Canadian model that basically combines the tech and premium packages).

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
So my iPod Classic (160GB) looks like it finally bit the dust, and Apple stopped making them in 2014. The nearest thing Apple has is the 6th generation iPod Touch available in 128GB. I like to carry my whole music / audiobook / podcast library with me as I do a lot of driving and want to be able to listen to whatever I want whenever I want.

I'd prefer to stay with iPod as I like the integration with the head unit (I have the OEM Nav in my system) rather than just dumping files onto a large USB drive.

My question is whether a 6th gen iPod Touch (running iOS 9) works with our Fortes. I have a 2016 Koup SX Luxury (Canadian model that basically combines the tech and premium packages).

Thanks for any help!
Is the Ipod an absolute thing you want to use? I use my phone (android) with Google play music, it's 9.99 a month but it's unlimited music.

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the Ipod an absolute thing you want to use? I use my phone (android) with Google play music, it's 9.99 a month but it's unlimited music.

Instagram @darth_forte
Yeah, I have an Android for my phone (I really don't like iPhones much), but my iTunes collection is sitting at just over 6400 songs across a huge range of genres, not to mention dozens of audiobooks and podcasts and I like to be able to take it all with me since I never know what I'll be in the mood for. As such, I don't think any other media player offers the full functionality and integration with the head unit that the iPod offers.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Android auto does but it's a whole other head unit, there are apps that will convert all of your iTunes library to android and use it bluetooth?

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Android auto does but it's a whole other head unit, there are apps that will convert all of your iTunes library to android and use it bluetooth?

Instagram @darth_forte
Android Auto would be very nice, but that's only on the 2017 whenever that gets released and doubtful Kia will make it available for earlier models, and an OEM head unit upgrade would be quite pricey, so I'm kind of stuck with the iPod route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts