Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After I gave up on the led strip lol I wanted to measure what size the bulbs were in the room light after I pulled it out and put it back in now none of the interior lights turn on... Also the fuse looks fine and they do not turn on manually everything worked fine right before I pulled it out.What the heck did I do? Any solutions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'll also put my money on it being a fuse, specifically one of the ones located in the interior fuse location below the steering wheel. I am pretty sure it's a 7.5a fuse. There is a spare either in the box itself, or in the fusebox under the hood (which also contains a fuse puller tool). I did the same thing upgrading the lights, blew the fuse when messing with the dome light.

If it helps any, the Map lights, Vanity lights (ones behind the sun visor), Dome light, and interior trunk light are all the same type of bulb, 8w Festoon. I ordered SMF6 (94 lumens) / Cool White (6000k) LED replacements and they certainly make a difference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, Yeah it was a fuse lol I guess I checked the wrong one! Where did you order the bulbs from I want to change them to white for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I ordered mine on amazon for a Honda pilot I had. Only one I had to order our get from there local store was the glove box one or the vanity one. The ones at the store (osram I believe) are not that bad but pricey

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks guys, Yeah it was a fuse lol I guess I checked the wrong one! Where did you order the bulbs from I want to change them to white for a cleaner look.
I ordered mine from DiodeDynamics.

2010-2013 Kia Forte Map Light LEDs (pair)
Color
Cool White (6000K)
Bulb Model
SMF6 (94 lumens)

2010-2013 Kia Forte Dome Light LED
Color
Cool White (6000K)
Bulb Model
SMF6 (94 lumens)

2010-2013 Kia Forte Map Light LEDs (pair)
Color
Cool White (6000K)
Bulb Model
SMF6 (94 lumens)

Reason for the duplicate item above is that I forgot about the vanity lights behind the sun visor. I did also order these too:

2010-2013 Kia Forte License Plate LEDs (pair)
Color
Cool White (6000K)
Bulb Model
HP3 (56 lumens)

and

2010-2013 Kia Forte Trunk Light LED
Color
Cool White (6000K)
Bulb Model
SMF6 (94 lumens)

The one interior bulb I did miss was for the glovebox. I cannot remember if I pulled the bulb to check what type it is, but I suspect it would be the same as the other interior bulbs, but it's not listed in the factory workshop manual I have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went ahead and ordered them, it was only 5 dollars shipped so if they don't work out it won't bother me but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I do see that superbrightleds offers the bulbs in a can-bus compatible style. Do we need those? Possible cause for the fuses blowing?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I do see that superbrightleds offers the bulbs in a can-bus compatible style. Do we need those? Possible cause for the fuses blowing?
Good question. Does anyone know or installed non-canbus led?
Does anyone have any pics of the bulb style they are using?
Any help / info would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
Okay great thanks for the help / info. I will order some over the weekend.
Next week I need to do my first oil change to full synthetic and Wix XP filter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
eBay leds are a go, changed all the interior lights with no issues and it looks great, well worth all 5 of my dollars lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts