Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Torque tells me this is due to Evaporative Emissions ControL System Incorrect Purge Flow.

I checked the gas cap and it's tight as can be. Found a related thread for a Kia Soul with this cold which for this guy turns out to be a solenoid of some kind.

P0441.........Crap!

I guess bring it in? Driving with this CEL can't be harmful right? Could Torque be wrong and it is something more grave and needs immediate attention?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Torque tells me this is due to Evaporative Emissions ControL System Incorrect Purge Flow.

I checked the gas cap and it's tight as can be. Found a related thread for a Kia Soul with this cold which for this guy turns out to be a solenoid of some kind.

P0441.........Crap!

I guess bring it in? Driving with this CEL can't be harmful right? Could Torque be wrong and it is something more grave and needs immediate attention?
I've had that code twice in 37,000 miles. I just clear it and drive on. Lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had that code twice in 37,000 miles. I just clear it and drive on. Lol
How many miles before it returns? I'm only 16,000 miles more or less.

I hate the dealership. They treat you like crap and always want to low ball you on warranty work. I work nights so any time I have off I wanna sleep or relax not spend the entire day at a dealership. LOL, damn.

·
Registered
257 Posts
How many miles before it returns? I'm only 16,000 miles more or less.

I hate the dealership. They treat you like crap and always want to low ball you on warranty work. I work nights so any time I have off I wanna sleep or relax not spend the entire day at a dealership. LOL, damn.
Don't remember the first time. This time I've only driven about 1500 miles since light reset. Who knows when it will return.

·
Registered
981 Posts
So many little things can cause P0441 to come on, topping off the gas tank to far is probably the most common 2nd would be gas cap and for someone who might have done a little modding to the line going in to the top of the throttle body could cause issues also or it could just be a random sticking purge valve. If she is a virgin then I would let the dealer worry about it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey update. 3 refills later and the CEL finally went away. I think it may have been air in the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts