Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You guys seen the new i30N? It's a bit underwhelming if I'm honest. It looks very tame for a GTI competitor.

Anyone know what 2.0T engine they used ? Is it the same Gamma engine in the Sonata/Optima? Haven't heard of people getting crazy #s out of those though I haven't really looked. In the hot hatch application I'm sure more people would be inclined to test it though.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Elantra GT is going to have 1.6T.
i30 - I bet the same.

2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Specifications

Elantra GT gets 2.0 NA (as used to), while GT Sport 1.6T.

For me it is kind of weird car.
Front like Mazda 3, side - well, hard to say, back - Golf.

There was mention of 2.0T in i30, but I think it is not happening, unless they go Ford route and add AWD. And THAT would be awesome. However, price tag would be what, near 40k USD? A bit high...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Elantra GT is going to have 1.6T.
i30 - I bet the same.

2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Specifications

Elantra GT gets 2.0 NA (as used to), while GT Sport 1.6T.

For me it is kind of weird car.
Front like Mazda 3, side - well, hard to say, back - Golf.

There was mention of 2.0T in i30, but I think it is not happening, unless they go Ford route and add AWD. And THAT would be awesome. However, price tag would be what, near 40k USD? A bit high...
This is the N version. ThE guy behind it was from bmws M division.

It's a good platform same displacement as the big boys. I'm not sure what tuners will be able to do on it.

Price point is everything since it's just a "hyundai".

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
This is the N version. ThE guy behind it was from bmws M division.

It's a good platform same displacement as the big boys. I'm not sure what tuners will be able to do on it.

Price point is everything since it's just a "hyundai".
I missed the N in i30... I focused on Elantra GT. Since we are not getting, we - meaning America, the N versions at all (i20 in Africa or in India, or i30 in almost all of the globe, Tuscon - who knows where...).
So as much it is great - well, we ain't getting any.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The more I see it the moreitsgroeingon me. I'm even tempted with the veloster turbo n currently being tested on the nurbergrinf bur I just don't know about the 3 doors. We will see what Hyundai prices these at in North America. I had high hopes for thr focus rs but they went and priced it in t he amg 45 range.

My comfort zone for a premium hot hatch is 40k and below. You can get a golf r well equipped for that price.l so that's the bench Mark. 35k for thr Korean analog sounds about right to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts