Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 is en route to GA from PA and I can't wait.

Need to put tints, a clear bra or magnet bra but the following things I hope to score from other members here:

1) catch Cans preferably 6th element as I can't afford the dual kit.

2) a rear sway bar- had one on my last car and it makes a world of difference

3)lowering springs- I think lowering it's center of gravity would help improve its composure

4) any other goodies like exhaust mods? Straight pipes axlebacks, etc

If any of you other there have stuff you may not need or outgrew during your builds, hit me up! Looking to do all of this sooner than later unlike my last car which I started after 60k....

·
Registered
518 Posts
these cars don't have enough history for people to have parts laying around. probably just gotta go the buying new route

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I agree I have had my forte5 for just about a month now and have yet to come across used parts for it. I'm hoping 6th element has a spring sale soon hint hint so I can finish up my car!

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Registered
524 Posts
Tires should be a priority too as both of the oem options are junk. Some places give you a trade-in credit with like new tires.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nouse, good idea!

any recommendations for Tire size on stock 18's?

and for anyone else:

1)Been digging around this thread and I think the consensus is that the E Villa RSB is a good one, but what about lowering springs that work with the stock suspension geometry with a 1 inch drop?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Get the stage 1 brace kit from evilla motorsports. Then you can get lowering springs from storm racing or use the eibach ones for the VT. Catch cans you can use the ADD W1 cans. For intake there is Tork Motorsports, 845 Motorsports or 6EE. Only axle back right now is a single outlet from Evilla. If you want duals then it's custom work like most of us have done.

Check out the exhaust thread and you will get an idea of sound. If you are looking at a FMIC also the Tork has one about to drop with a crash bar and 6EE has one along with 845. If keeping the stock for a good while look into getting a Turboxs SML BOV to replace the stock one since it's known to tear and not hold boost well.

Also if your a DIY person you can do a upgraded hotpipe and cold pipe. Then of course there is the biggest benifit.....a tune!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Question...will these mods to the turbo and intake reduce mpg? This car will be my daily and reliable performance is key. I'm new to turbos and gdi so the catch can/ intake/bov / aesthetics mods/ rsb /springs are on my list....though not in that order

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really like the 6EE dual kit for the placement and no need to fab brackets (in an apt in Georgia) but $400 is a bit much since I got this car to save some $

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've got a barely used Turboxs SML I can sell you for $100.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the forte!

really need some splash guards....anyone have any suggestions on where to get OEM or close to OEM ones? bought a bunch of smaller "mods" for now....leather wrap for the steering wheel, LED upgrade 11 piece, Evilla RSB, about to purchase the IR pipe from 6th for now....need to get tints but will start saving for the dual catch can kit and SRI then the bov.... YIKES how things escalate!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
My 2015 is en route to GA from PA and I can't wait.

Need to put tints, a clear bra or magnet bra but the following things I hope to score from other members here:

1) catch Cans preferably 6th element as I can't afford the dual kit.

2) a rear sway bar- had one on my last car and it makes a world of difference

3)lowering springs- I think lowering it's center of gravity would help improve its composure

4) any other goodies like exhaust mods? Straight pipes axlebacks, etc

If any of you other there have stuff you may not need or outgrew during your builds, hit me up! Looking to do all of this sooner than later unlike my last car which I started after 60k....
1. We will have our Dual OCC released this week. You can see a video of us dumping the fluids out of our set up after 3k miles here https://www.facebook.com/241297029275244/videos/1029351927136413/
Our dual kit is going to come in under $300
2. Not a lot of options right now for a sway bar, but the Veloster might work.
3. If you can afford it, coil overs are a much better option. I know money is tight for everyone, but coil overs will allow you to move from track settings to street settings in the turn of knob. Worth every penny if you can wait.
4. Intake, downpipe and tune... these 3 items will make the single greatest difference in power that the car will ever get.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks,

Tork Motorsports

·
Registered
3 Posts
These mods will actually increase the efficiency of your vehicle. Of course it all depends on how you drive it, if your easy on the gas i've seen 35-40 mpg.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts