Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Turbo owners :Having trouble with may car and decided to post my story..You see I have delt with 2 different Companies ..One minor stuff with a stock tune and one two major upgrades..You see the one I ordered a cold air intake,delete pipe and a stock tune..Recently I've added a upgraded turbo and 3" inch. stainless DP..The original tune will not work with these up grades..Getting code PO299 and serious throttle issues that I feel might be triggering the code plus after this happens the car will go into limp mode triggering a limiter...I have been insured by the great guys at Torq motorsports that there upgraded ECU tune is what this combination needs and will fix my car cause they've did it several times..So now I'm gonna have them re tune for there upgraded parts..I'll update this thread for all you turbo freaks like myself when done !! Thanks for reading my story and if anyone feels free to comment or ad Help yourself by all means..Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
If its the upgraded turbo using the stock housing , whats going on is the previous tune is made for the old turbo so running it on the new turbo is bad . I would revert back to stock tune until you can get a dyno tune . Whats happening is the new turbo flows a lot better so less psi is needed to make power . The settings ( I wont get into much detail ) for stock can safely run this up top the point you need a tune.
Depending on where you live in the country I would plan a trip to the closest tuner . There will also be tuning events from 3 of the 4 top tuners that can get it setup correctly .

Reactions: danbfree

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you replace the turbo with a difference size, you get a new tune at the same time, period. Sorry but it it's literally as known as much that if you drain your oil, you have to re-fill it. There's a big reason bigger turbos aren't super common, you need to have a custom tune for it which adds to the cost .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts