Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I got a 2015 Forte5 SX Manual about 3 days ago, it has 520 miles on it already.

I really like the car. :D

I'm a mid 20's It guy who works over nights. I have a 50 mile commute, all interstate. (25 miles one way). I've always been a car enthusiast, and now I have a car that I really like and want to spend some money on. I already purchased an Intercooler Resonator delete pipe and have a growing list of things I want to buy.

I currently live in a suburb of Kansas City, and plan no moving to another suburb, but closer to work, next month. I am *ATTEMPTING* (and not doing a good job of it) to save money for the move, After that, I plan to throw money at my car.

I'm joining this website to hopefully find and get ideas for bolt on performance mods. I don't really want to void the warranty (yet).

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am waiting for my casted end tanks to be finished, and it's still a few months away before I get a production run going.
I hope to have a prototype in testing by the end of June. It's coming though :)
Cool, that gives me time to move and find a track to get an actual 1/4 mile time before I start modding. Looks like the closest one is like 3 hours away. D:

·
Registered
468 Posts
14.1 stock if you get a good 60 foot.. I did this number at a test and tune back in November.. with current mods.. im not much faster 13.8 13.7 but I have a higher trap speed.. but 60 foot times are lot harder to do lots of wheel hop..

·
Registered
468 Posts
6 speed but it was mad cold and I have been drag racing for years.. like 50 degrees out don't take my numbers as a norm.. 15.0 is plenty good for an auto.. most of your time lost is in reaction time and 60 foot.. you can lose a second just at the tree.. 15 to 14 is totally respectable.. we also have a really bad throttle lag on or cars stock.. It took me 15 pulls to get to that number .. after getting tire pressure rite.. our cars don't dig well.. to short gearing.. much like my old evo 10 .. I manged to get a stock evo 10 to 12.9.. most people can only get in the low 13,s. The drag strip is not our friend..

there is a local forum member near me named Pcrack that has a way faster car than me.. but I can always crush him at a light and through the first 2 gear changes.. and then he just blows on by.. in his forte coupe. i just have good reaction technique..

·
Registered
468 Posts
it should help and I think better shock or bc coil overs.. and a lsd would allow us to use the most of our base power..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
My car is almost at 700 miles. I haven't even tried to launch it yet. I have pretty quick reflexes, hopefully I can get good at launching. I have managed to get a really good shift from first into second, but I'm also trying really hard to not be too hard on the car until I get a few miles on it. I'm taking a short trip to Central Kansas this weekend to visit the parents (and show off the new car) I know lots of places to go have fun on rural flat empty roads. I'll be sure to take my camera and get some photos and videos.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Id love that time and for still getting 30mpg's ha. Ive only had it to the track a few times and was real consistent with 15.0's. Always around a .5-.7 reaction time. Hopefully 6th's products will help get that time lower this year :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
So on my way to work today I rolled over 700, decided to try and launch off of the stop light. The ground was wet from raining about an hour before hand. I knew I wasn't going to get any grip, but figured it was worth a try anyways. I need the practice. When the light hits green I try to take off, but I'm just spinning, then the got some wheel hopping. I shifted, but more wheel hop. (I've never wheel hopped in second before... in any car). Finally got some grip, but then I was doing speedlimit* and needed to not go faster.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well for being pretty much stock ECU included and running a 14.1 in the quarter mile is crazy. This is why I say that since I am fully bolted with coils and can consistently pull 58-62 lights launching with boost at 8 psi have no shifting delays with a lower gear ratio to jump off the lineand have yet to get under 14.59. The only way this car stock would see a 14.1 is with a bottle in the trunk lol.

Someone told me pictures or it didn't happen, in this case it would need video.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.