Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so this DIY may be short and brief. I will list what I used, I am sure some small d!ck will chime in and say something about the amp or other items I used suck. So to that guy, thanks, we all absolutely couldn't wipe ourselves without you in our lives. Here we go.

1. This is how I did it, and how I did it works for me and did not ruin my car. That being said, if you do this and ruin your car, I and this entire community are not responsible....
2. Here’s the part list
a. Car Radio Wiring Wire Harness for Aftermarket Stereo Installation WH-0012
b. Metra 71-7304 Wire Harness For Select Kia And Fits Hyundai 2010 - Up Vehicles
c. Metra MC918-20 20-Feet Nine-Conductor 18 AWG Twisted Multi-Use Cable
d. SSL EV400.4 EVOLUTION 400-watts Full Range Class A/B 4 Channel 2-8 Ohm Stable Amplifier
e. A mixed drink of your choice, not too strong…
f. 8 “hoop connectors” (for the amp side)
g. Amp wire kit
3. Important note, I used an amp that had a “high level input”. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, YOU WONT NEED TO CONVERT SPEAKER WIRES WITH A LOC TO RCA DO TO THE AMP HAVING THE HIGH LEVEL INPUT, thus making this eassssy.
The rest is the removal. Long story short, take a few dash pieces off, removed the decks 4 screws, unplug the speaker wires (wire plug that is the one closest to the middle of the deck, not closest to the outside).
Now, the metra harnesses ALMOST matched up perfectly. There was just 1 or 2 wires the I spliced into the stock harness in order to retain all the stock functions (I think it was the dimmer wire…).
I actually put the amp under my driver’s seat. One, because it will get cold a/c air from the foot vents, two, it was way easier to run the wires.
The rest is hooking things up, and should be very apparent. Here a few photos, I’ll try to post more later. Good luck

20160316_145404.jpg 20160316_145409.jpg 20160316_145435.jpg 20160316_145451.jpg 20160316_145501.jpg 20160316_145505.jpg

I took pics of the sticker on the deck in case someone needed that info. Not shown in pics is the mixed drink...

·
Registered
534 Posts
You should post links to what you got and where. I am still debating if I should do this, add some bass or just swap the nav unit. Android auto keeps calling my name. Nonetheless good write up and thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts