Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car rated rather poorly in the small overlap crash test contributing to that score is the high chance of head injury and serious lower left leg injury. Had I known this, I honestly would not have purchased the car.

Vehicle details

If I'm honest, when I think about the rating from time to time, the self preservationist in me want to flea the ship like rat, lol.

Looking at the video, I do not see the airbags in the A-pillar deploying. The other day, I was doing some wire tucking for my dash cam and slightly popped off the A-Pillar; enough for me to see and touch what I believe is the airbags in there.

Anyway, everybody loves videos right...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just means you should aim for a head on crash rather than try to avoid it and end up with the small overlap clip. :)

Remember all those tests just simulate a collision with a similar sized vehicle. Being surrounded by trucks and suvs...things wouldn't work out so well for any smaller car in a crash. It does play a part in my decision to never lower a daily driver.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is no airbag in the A pillar. Just the seat and then the B pillar. Which does come to a surprise with todays safety regulations. And in 17 they are making them extremely tough to pass so any vehicle after 2017 will be by far the safest yet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh and to be on topic. I believe cars are now crazy safe however with an ever changing environment some accidents are just going to be bad. I recently spoke with a gal about her accident a single vehicle roll over in an f-150 fully loaded equipment (sunroof) was the culprit of honestly taking half her face off and nose.. through surgery she has done remarkably well and is very pretty still. but without a sunroof could have this been avoided or possibly worse we wont know..

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I got hit in the driver side rear corner and she did really good. Dude was going way faster then the posted mph to. I was shocked there wasn't more damage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts