Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys know when you drive in the normal or the other mode which isn't sport mode and the wheel is loose like hell. What kind of mod(s) are needed to improve the car's handling that dramatic? I have stock suspensions but would like a tighter steering feel. Do I need sway bars or braces for that or just go with sports or race springs?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
You can get the stage 1 kit from Evilla for the bars. What I noticed that helped are the tork collars. They take the slop out of the subframe.

Forte Tork Collars | DamnFastDD.com

Those with the Evilla kit will make the steering feel better and the car track way better. Also getting lowering springs like Eibach or the Storm ones will help a lot to

·
Registered
521 Posts
You can get the stage 12 kit from Evilla for the bars. What I noticed that helped are the work collars. They take the slop out of the subframe.

Forte Tork Collars | DamnFastDD.com

Those with the Evilla kit will make the steering feel better and the car track way better. Also getting lowering springs like Eibach or the Storm ones will help a lot to
Stage 12 kit? Wow.
Full blown race car!! :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I should prob buy these as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Forte5

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
For the $30 its a cheap upgrade lol!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey 6. When are you releasing the springs!?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Some collars and a torsion bar have been on my list for a while.
A trunk brace and collars can both be bought for not much over $100 and together it should make a noticeable difference.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Hey 6. When are you releasing the springs!?

It's going to be June-ish, I want at least 3000 miles of driving before production begins. I have to inspect this set when I remove them before we begin.

About how much of a drop down they give?

Instagram @darth_forte
Shooting for a consistent 1.75" front and 1.6" rear. We are working with a Tier-1 OEM spring supplier that made our first set and they have been great.
Spring rates are stiffer than stock and about 5% stiffer than Eibachs that we gave them for comparison.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put at least a sturt bar and I see the diferentes

·
Registered
90 Posts
Installed the Evilla torsion bar over the weekend (Pain in the ass to get on) and after much thread lurking and googling, have just purchased the Tork collars. Off to Harbor Freight to buy tools I may only use 1 time!

·
Registered
90 Posts
6th: that's great news......hopefully they will fit on cars that have Torsion bars installed...

Back to the OP: this car is 4k lbs with EPS that while not bad, isnt a honda or Mazda, so getting it to feel as nimble as my Fit on just coils and a bar will be unlikely. I will say the bar was a good improvement, and based on what others have said I'm sure the collars will be worth it.

I think the biggest way to improve handling dramatically would be weight reduction.....in my case I would have to start behind the steering wheel :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts