Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hill hold assist doesn't seem to be working on my 2015 Forte 5 SX (6sp). I'm sure it worked (held) a few times, but doesn't seem to be doing anything now (250 miles on the clock). I didn't find anything in the manual... seems like it should work no matter what. Problem is, the car will roll back no matter what now.

It's not a big deal for me, as I've been driving manuals since 1988. My wife hasn't, and I was hoping this would give her more confidence... not to mention it's something I've paid for!

Anyone have an idea why it wouldn't be holding for the advertised 2 seconds? I come to a stop (on a hill). Clutch in, transmission in gear. As soon as I release the brake I start to roll back.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah I'm not aware of a way to disable it or anything. Brake has to be held for 2 seconds to enable it. Though there may be a secret up up down down left right traction control cruise control select start secret code. Figured it was dealer programmable.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How steep of a hill you talking? My car doesn't do it in my driveway. But my mom's house has a littlemorr of an incline and it works there .....

·
Registered
195 Posts
God, I hate this feature. I can see it's usefulness for some, but for me it just get's in the way. It engages every time I pull into the parking garage downtown.

I just want to turn it off.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Even though it only engages for.me when I visit my mom it's a nice reminder for how far cars have come in technology for me

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've noticed the same . It does not come on as much as my EX did . Ok the ex it would come in all the time even on slight inclines . With the SX it moves forward . Might be the power difference has something to do with it .

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not in my car, all you have to do is hit the brakes and be doing less than 2mph for it to engage. It will even engage when the vehicle is still in motion.

When I pull into the garage, I roll down my window, and press the button for a ticket while the car is still rolling, it spits out a ticket, and then I have to wait for the car to release, or take off awkwardly while it is holding.

·
Registered
195 Posts
From my expeince, it has to be a pretty steep hill for the car to actually hold. There have been plenty of times the car rolls back and the system didn't even try and hold it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I hate this feature. It's more of a hindrance to me than a help. I have found an easy way to disable it that works for me. Whenever you come to a stop on the hill, put it in neutral and let the clutch out, then clutch in and back in gear.

Every time I've done this, it never kicks on.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
It would be better if it didn't hold for so long. User customizable between 0-2 seconds in the setup menu would be nice. Wonder if the dealer can change the time or if it's just an on/off thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've tried on several hills (varying in steepness), and several methods of stopping. Nothing was happening. Now yesterday (with 1200miles on the clock) it did it in a parking lot. It wasn't steep at all, and I heard the brakes (anti-lock pump?) cycle. I'm taking it to Kia to have them check it out.

It's not really a feature I like/want, but it might be good for my wife. She's not very confident with a manual. Not to mention, if there is an issue what else might happen... will it decide to hold for 2 seconds while doing 80+ on the highway?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.