Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just love how those control drivers.

This one is hilarious.

while this one... well...

Reactions: Gnarkill

·
Registered
80 Posts
A canary is an unroadworthy sticker applied to the windshield, it got it's name from being canary yellow.
Vic highway patrol do things a bit different to the USA, because we are not permitted to carry hand guns cops don't have a firing squad mentality when we are pulled over.

·
Registered
514 Posts
what is wrong with putting a turbo on your car! that's like saying your not allowed to remodel your house because its not located in a nice enough area. crazy laws probably put in place to minimize street racing swap meets otherwise its too much imo.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is wrong with putting a turbo on your car! that's like saying your not allowed to remodel your house because its not located in a nice enough area. crazy laws probably put in place to minimize street racing swap meets otherwise its too much imo.
you got it wrong.
you can have turbo... but you are not allowed to have one when you are a young driver. It is kind of same in the US like alcohol content for under age drivers, or driving at night, and such. I find it very good. IMO.

Reactions: Gnarkill

·
Registered
80 Posts
Depending on the vehicle age and drivers licence grade turbo/SC are prohibited in Victoria, a new probationary driver (first 3~4 years have a long list of vehicles they are not allowed to drive.
Too much power mixed with not enough experience doesn't end well.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Interesting to see some different laws in other countries. Is that a recent video or is it dated?

Depending on the vehicle age and drivers licence grade turbo/SC are prohibited in Victoria, a new probationary driver (first 3~4 years have a long list of vehicles they are not allowed to drive.
Too much power mixed with not enough experience doesn't end well.
Tell the Mustang owners that... lol

·
Registered
514 Posts
ah i seem to have missed that important detail. not sure how young is young but does that also include muscle cars too like v8 corvettes and shelby mustangs?
with that being said, i agree to some extent. i feel like no matter what car i could have or was force to drive, i would abuse the car either way just because it was fun to drive it like you stole it especially when you just started learning to driving and have got the hang of it.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i feel like no matter what car i could have or was force to drive, i would abuse the car either way just because it was fun to drive it like you stole it especially when you just started learning to driving and have got the hang of it.

Huh, my first car had 2 cyl engine, air cooled, (RR layout). It was two door. Very light (about 1400 lb dry weight). Fun to drive and good learning tool.

It was abused many times, but due to the small engine making about 30 HP (or maybe even less) it would not reach high speeds. It would get to about 50 mph quite easily, but then not much... max speeds were said to be 75-85 mph as claimed by others, but that was almost like flying.

Anyway, I learnt a lot how to control a car.
And also one more thing.

It is far better to fast drive a slow car as opposed to slow drive a fast car.

On a side - how did you disable traction control? Is it permanent?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Vic only,
Licence at 18yo
First three years must display green "P" plate during probationary.
Drivers under 21yo must do an extra year before green and display a red "P" plate, it includes a curfew for night driving and a maximum passenger limit (direct family exempt).

Vehicles built After 1/1/2011 iirc a power to weight ratio is used , any vehicle prior to this date no turbo/SC/V8 is allowed for p plate drivers.
What is interesting is during the "supervised" learning period (120 hours) any vehicle is allowed.

For those with time to kill
vicroads.vic.gov.au

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
in the DIY section
I know that. Thanks, though.
I thought it was a permanent thing that will not reactivate everytime you restart the car.
You made my hopes high.
:(

·
Registered
514 Posts
i never tried to check if mine was permanent as i just believed what they said haha.
maybe Forte5 can chime in on this. i will check mine out again to see what it says.

·
Registered
514 Posts
checked it out today.. when i press on the traction control button it lights up the dash saying its disabled and even pushing it a few more times yielded the same results. it appears to be permanent setting on my end.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is two step process.

First - one depress deactivates traction control (you can spin your wheels, do burnouts, and such).
Second - a long depress that ends with a chime deactivates stability control (this not only removes the traction control, but also does not monitor the trajectory of your car - i.e. you can slide side and ESC/ABS will not correct it, but it would intervene in the first scenario).

Everytime you shut down - it will reset back to "all active".

Reactions: 15ForteSX

·
Registered
514 Posts
It is two step process.

First - one depress deactivates traction control (you can spin your wheels, do burnouts, and such).
Second - a long depress that ends with a chime deactivates stability control (this not only removes the traction control, but also does not monitor the trajectory of your car - i.e. you can slide side and ESC/ABS will not correct it, but it would intervene in the first scenario).

Everytime you shut down - it will reset back to "all active".
i didn't realize they were separate options all in one button damn.
however, if i press mine once each time, shouldn't it activate/deactivate traction control?
i remember it saying disabled everytime i pressed it once upon fresh startup.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i didn't realize they were separate options all in one button damn.
however, if i press mine once each time, shouldn't it activate/deactivate traction control?
i remember it saying disabled everytime i pressed it once upon fresh startup.
we are going off the topic here :) normal everywhere...

so, depress it once - it says right away traction control disabled
depress it again - traction control enabled

so far so good, right?

so, now, push it and HOLD until you hear "dong" and it will say - traction control and stability control disabled
then, depress it once - back to normal.

The icon remains same, though.

Reactions: 15ForteSX

·
Registered
514 Posts
we are going off the topic here :) normal everywhere...

so, depress it once - it says right away traction control disabled
depress it again - traction control enabled

so far so good, right?

so, now, push it and HOLD until you hear "dong" and it will say - traction control and stability control disabled
then, depress it once - back to normal.

The icon remains same, though.
thanks this explained it all and now i know. what a drag to do every single time lol.
i wonder if a tune can modify default settings such as these.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How this would end up in the USA?

·
Registered
524 Posts
How this would end up in the USA?

The officer's face when he runs off is priceless.

At a minimum...
A dozen police cars called in for a high risk stop.
News chopper following the chase.
Ordered out at gunpoint.
Tased for non-compliance over likely language barrier.
Dragged out and thrown to the ground.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The officer's face when he runs off is priceless.

At a minimum...
A dozen police cars called in for a high risk stop.
News chopper following the chase.
Ordered out at gunpoint.
Tased for non-compliance over likely language barrier.
Dragged out and thrown to the ground.
I mean, not that I liked what you said, but you nailed it. Bingo!

Aussie - simply followed him and... pulled him over again. Just like the first time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts