Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I recently purchased a 2016 Forte Koup Sx. I couldnt be happier with it. I work at a couple custom fab shops and plan on doing some small custom mods to my forte In ther near future. Im thrilled there is a place for us forte turbo guys, and look forward to being a active member in the group. Thanks!

·
Registered
514 Posts
welcome to the forum of the dead j/k but it can get that way

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Hello.
It is nice to have access to fab tools...

I am jealous.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope its not that dead lolol and yeah its super nice, makes things easy as long as you're creative. Next mod will be a custom intake, not sure on what brand filter to run, there's a bunch of good options out there.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i myself got a sxth CAI and 7" AEM cone dry filter and besides it being darth vadery i feel like a slight beginning power loss.
it catches up when i WOT but the gears are so short so its like as i'm spooling up the turbo i gotta shift and i lose RPM as i shift ughh.
i have manual so RPM drop is almost inevitable. i'm thinking about taking off the CAI attachment and trying out the SRI.
regarding the filter it was much better than what i had before which was a beat up spectre.

i'm sure if you look for mandrel bent piping 3.5in you could weld/fab up an intake tube no problem.
wish you could do a downpipe and make me one too lol.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome. Good to see another person on the site/forum.
Post some pics of your car when you get time.
Thx

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

It's always a pleasure to see members with experience fabbing new products to the group! Even as a vendor I wish we had more products for the turbo guys!

·
Registered
468 Posts
welcome.. love to see what you come up with

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome! There is a 2nd Gen Forte club on the Facebook if you are on that social media channel too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heres some pics of her currently. Sometime in the next couple weeks ill be getting the wheels powder coated along with the occ, and sri when my material Comes in and i make it. They will all be getting done prismatic playboy blue. Thank God we do powder coating in house at my work! I still need to do something about all that wheel gap though :/ Anyone recommend any certain springs? Or should i just throw some bc coilovers on it and call it a day?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts