Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Gals,

I just picked up a '16 SX M/T last sat. Quite surprised this little hatchback has a thriving community behind it.

Coming from a DSM background, im quite familiar with boosted cars. But - since this is my first new car (and i was away from the car community in general for 6+ years) a lot has changed.

Im gonna be lurking most of the time unless i have a particular question in mind. :)

Forte5_noplate1.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
Nice car. Which DSM did you have? Talon? Eclipse?

I hear Brampton is full of retarded drivers. Stay safe and keep her clean.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Welcome!

Seems like SWP is becoming a popular colour choice. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice car. Which DSM did you have? Talon? Eclipse?

I hear Brampton is full of retarded drivers. Stay safe and keep her clean.

It is. Hence i bought a dashcam years ago and it saved my ass a few times. Funny enough, this car lowered my premiums by $10 compared to my old honda civic.

Welcome! White is my favorite!

What DSM did you used to have? I had a 2G GSX about 10 years ago. I miss that car and I'd like to build another.

I had a few Mitsubishi before the 1Ga. Had a colt (back home) and a mint '92 galant. Then i got into an accident, and the car was a write off. Got a 1Ga from a local DSM forum. I added the usual bolt ons. FMIC, 2G TB elbow, 2G mani, 2.5 downpipe, 3" catback, KYB struts/Eibach springs. I was running 15 psi mostly. If i go up to 16, on occasion i hit fuel cut. And at the time, i didnt have the funds to upgrade the fuel system and do it right.

I still have another '91 Galant AWD at my parents place. But that one, im trying to sell it. I just lost my passion to work on cars in general.

Hopefully, this car would bring that spark back.

Thanks for the welcome :)

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
It is. Hence i bought a dashcam years ago and it saved my ass a few times. Funny enough, this car lowered my premiums by $10 compared to my old honda civic.

I had a few Mitsubishi before the 1Ga. Had a colt (back home) and a mint '92 galant. Then i got into an accident, and the car was a write off. Got a 1Ga from a local DSM forum. I added the usual bolt ons. FMIC, 2G TB elbow, 2G mani, 2.5 downpipe, 3" catback, KYB struts/Eibach springs. I was running 15 psi mostly. If i go up to 16, on occasion i hit fuel cut. And at the time, i didnt have the funds to upgrade the fuel system and do it right.

I still have another '91 Galant AWD at my parents place. But that one, im trying to sell it. I just lost my passion to work on cars in general.

Hopefully, this car would bring that spark back.

Thanks for the welcome :)
Your new car should. Tuning isn't quite as easy, but it responds well to bolt ons :)

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new ride! As well as welcome back to the car community in general! You will get caught up quickly I am sure!
Tyson

1 - 12 of 12 Posts