Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ha, it's me. I got home safe and sound but not without some harry moments. Felt like driving manual for the first time again. The trick was trying to get into first because I wasn't sure if it was 1st or 3rd.

Downshifting also almost made me crap my pants. I couldn't get into 2nd smoothly either but anyway, time to wash and wrap it in my CF wrap.

Also guys, I messed up. I tried to get my badges off and the remnants of the glue with a green dish pad. Made some swirls, :(

Still isn't completely off. Wish I took a picture but you can still see the lettering.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
using the green dish pad was a huge no no... you literally just sanded your paint. best thing would have been to just deal with it in between car washes or maybe some wax remover of some sort...

also, the center console has no bearing on where the shifter is or determines how the shifter works

Reactions: 2014Forte5

·
Registered
121 Posts
The trick was trying to get into first because I wasn't sure if it was 1st or 3rd.
I haven't changed the inside and I have this issue many times. Sometimes I need a quick 1st and I mess it up with 3rd. I think rather than indicate when you need a new gear it would be nice if we have an indicator on which gear actually you are.

·
Registered
458 Posts
using the green dish pad was a huge no no... you literally just sanded your paint. best thing would have been to just deal with it in between car washes or maybe some wax remover of some sort...

also, the center console has no bearing on where the shifter is or determines how the shifter works
Will the reverse lock resume working as normal when I put it back or does it have to be locked with a pin or anything?

2 Hours Later..

https://goo.gl/photos/QXycFvi1zrkJqUrNA

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I didn't notice you removed the lockout attached to the boot. But yes to your question.

Also iirc you can just pop the boot off the console and not have to mess with the knob or lockout mechanism

Reactions: 2014Forte5
1 - 6 of 6 Posts