Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site here,

Just paid off my 2016 Forte T-GDI I got the Koup version not the hatch. So now it's time to have some fun with it and spend some of that extra money I am gonna have on some parts =]. It's completely stock at the moment and I am curious as to what some of your guys favorite upgrades are on these cars performance wise. Also if anyone could point me in a good direction in terms of websites that carry parts whether it be for performance or looks I would greatly appreciate it. Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I used to be - wheels, exhaust, intake... but after I tried a tune - well, I am all hands down to start there.

I tried many small things on this car and nothing was really noticeable.
I got a tune ("stock/stage0.5") along with HKS spark plugs and KN drop in using 93 octane.
Well, that was a great transformation.

If you have AT - you may want to add ATF cooler.

But it all depends what you want to accomplish.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree completely with PLP; if you’re looking for just straight performance, a tune will wake the car up better than anything. Just make sure you change the plugs and can’t go wrong with an intake to open up the airflow to allow more work for the tune.
Any other engine mod is really only going to be supportive to the tune and will only make little changes.
My personal philosophy is some of the biggest difference you’ll notice is when you modify what you interact with the most; things like shifter, pedals, steering wheel, etc. If manual, I highly recommend a short shift kit, shifter bushings, and a weighted knob. Really cleaned up the shifter feel and they’re fairly straightforward to install.
As far as best bang for buck, I would recommend a rear torsion bar. These cars have a ton of hop in the back, especially at highway speeds, and a torsion bar upgrade really makes the rear feel a lot more planted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts