Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone disassembled their dash?

I found instructions on Metra (link here for anyone else) and all it shows is remove panel. My question is has anyone done this and with what? It seems our dashes are put together pretty well. I don't want to gouge the panels using hard tools if I can help it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Your remove the lower trim under the radio
Make sure you use interior tools or you will mar the vinyl and plastic. I start in the right lower corner.
This piece is half plastic/half vinyl
Once that is out you the need to remove the radio bezel
After that it's 4 screws and a few electrical plugs and your done

Just a tip: run your car with the heat on blast for about 10 minutes. This heats up the dash and makes things a lot easier. Cold plastic cracks easy and does not bend very easily

·
Registered
439 Posts
Good tip... even back in summer when I did my sub install the door sill was hard to get off and it started to crack. I was able to get a pry bar under it after but there is a 1/2" hair line crack in it now.... so yes the plastic does crack easily, in my case. A blow dryer or heat gun may of may it easier to remove.

Also check out upgraded stereo thread, I think some of the pictures or video's I posted included head unit removal. ....

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Hmm now i need to pull my radio and hook up my amp the proper way lol

Reactions: wurkshop

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Anyone disassembled their dash?

I found instructions on Metra (link here for anyone else) and all it shows is remove panel. My question is has anyone done this and with what? It seems our dashes are put together pretty well. I don't want to gouge the panels using hard tools if I can help it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks....
I didn't see the link last night when I read your post. I was on my phone so maybe that's why. But now looking at the metra directions, they are completely correct. As I said tho just watch yourself. You can easily mar the panels, even with a plastic interior tool.

Reactions: wurkshop

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
makes me think that trim piece is the perfect spot for a turbo gauge.

i always think of if i were to do a mod, on how easy it would be to revert back to stock...

and just replacing that small trim piece in the bottom let would make my boost gauge idea just that, please keep a sleeper appearance from outside

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.