Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a question...today I took the family and went shopping and due to not having my number plates as yet...I was really riding her hard (no pun intended ).

And that's where the problem comes in...when u comes around slight corners or weaving through traffic...she seems to be floating if u understand what I mean.

There is a major break between the driver, the steering wheels and the car...at time it feels like I'm loosing control due to the steering feedback....

Note that I am pushing her very hard when this happens...normal driving is fine...

Any advice guys?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Sort of like under steer?

What you're want is something to stiffen up the suspension of the car. There are a couple options but I'd first recommend a front strut tower bar which will cut down on body roll and create tighter handling. We carry Ultra Racing brand if you're interested! Just shoot us an email for pricing [email protected]

Kia Forte Front Strut Tower Bar 5.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sort of like under steer?

What you're want is something to stiffen up the suspension of the car. There are a couple options but I'd first recommend a front strut tower bar which will cut down on body roll and create tighter handling. We carry Ultra Racing brand if you're interested! Just shoot us an email for pricing [email protected]

View attachment 3521
Hey Paul, yeah I would say so...noted, will pop u an email as I would like to get a few items bought and shipped at the same time to SA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Paul, yeah I would say so...noted, will pop u an email as I would like to get a few items bought and shipped at the same time to SA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
I agree with Paul. There are different parts that would make this beautiful machine a better drive. Many people recommend the rear bar. Most of the stability issues of this car are in the rear part. Apparently, it makes a huge difference in the steering. I haven't started working on mods because of my current financial situation (dealing with a house buying), but as soon I'm done with all of that, I will start modding the steering.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I agree with Paul. There are different parts that would make this beautiful machine a better drive. Many people recommend the rear bar. Most of the stability issues of this car are in the rear part. Apparently, it makes a huge difference in the steering. I haven't started working on mods because of my current financial situation (dealing with a house buying), but as soon I'm done with all of that, I will start modding the steering.
There are similar issue with the Optima as well like wandering while driving on the highway and your normal body roll (granted the Optima is a midsized sedan). Not down playing KIA at all but I think they didnt focus on suspension as much in most of thier fleet of vehicles

·
Registered
827 Posts
A rear torsion bar (sometimes called anti-sway bar) is available from one of the vendors or suppliers EVilla motorsports. Someone posted a few photos. IF you purchase and install - do a complete photoshoot for the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts