Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from the dealership with my 7am appointment and they couldn't recreate the grinding noise i get while turning left. As soon as i left the dealership I was able to recreate this noise almost immediately. Went back and they said it would be a few hours to hook up chassis mics. I'm just going to make another appointment to do that. Any thought on what the noise could be? It occurs usually at any speed over 20 mph. the slower you go the sharper the turn to make the noise. Any thoughts? Haven't done any suspension or brake work, everything is stock

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
Take them for a ride... Many times you must really guide them through to show what the problem is. Then they might come up with a solution...

I mean, microphones? Are they crazy?

What it is? I have no clue. From your vague description it could be anywhere from rubbing tires, through brakes, drivelines, to something rolling inside the car.

Give more details as to speed, conditions (rolling, braking, accelerating...), engine temp/ambient temp... including tire pressure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is is coming from the front or back of the car? What side of it?

If you can pin point exactly where it's coming from it might help us assist you and speed your process with the dealership to fix it
The noise is coming from the left front. The grinding sounds like it most likely is coming from the wheel assembly area like in the hub or connecting parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.