Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are virtually no Kia turbo SX Koups in the Central Valley of California, there are a few in the Bay Area, but mostly in the Los Angeles Basin. What greedy gouging mark ups from the dealers. I"m seeing $1400 - to a greedy $2400 in mark ups. This is a graphite grey Koup I want, have to fly down there, take a bus or something. GAWD.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Here in the Portland area dealers had $1500-2000 "market adjustments" on even the Soul. Didn't stop me from getting my Forte5 SX new for $17,900 though.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Come to Canada and buy a car. Then I'll be interested in what you have to say haha

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I got mine (one year old, 2015 used, with package, 11k miles) at 16.0 USD OTD. It took me to travel about 450 miles, but local dealers were not cooperating... Research, research, research.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canada's summer's are TOO COLD for me. :) Thanks to the Internet Angels - I think I found something LOCAL. Gotta love that zip code function in kia.com.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But the motivation is there to stick it to customers. For my automotive tastes, a kia Koup is perfect at $19-21K range, but I'd get a GTI at $25K - some Koups are $25-27 with automatic.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, exactly my thinking. I was teetering on a GTI or a Golf. But for $18k the SX is a bargain. Plus memories of my '10 GTI being in the shop all the time for little electrical nonsense.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I picked up my 14 koup sx auto every option with 4500 miles for 15800. They just dont sell in my area, and have poor resale value. which is nice in a way as i never see myself coming or going. Even when i got my windows tinted at a large business they had no clue what my car was. I get asked all the time, is that a Lexus? an Infiniti? i love telling others its a kia.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This afternoon I found a NEW local Kia dealer, they own a few Kia dealerships in the state. Gunna go look - intend to buy a coupe, er Koup.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, until Kia makes that 100k warranty fully transferable resale is always going to be low to make up for it. I don't have enough confidence in Kia yet to buy one without that.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Yeah, until Kia makes that 100k warranty fully transferable resale is always going to be low to make up for it. I don't have enough confidence in Kia yet to buy one without that.
It is.
It is called Certified Pre Owned (CPO).
Besides, that covers only some internal parts of the engine plus some tranny. How much worth it is? Not sure.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, if you buy from a Kia dealer. But when you go to sell it to them or anyone else you're still going to get that depressed value. The Kia dealer is just able to squeeze more out of it by certifying it. Only real problems I've seen pop up so far are drivetrain related and issues with the crappy stock tires.

·
Registered
633 Posts
HAHAHHA, too true! Mine cost me 33K after taxes and everything
I hear ya man.

I try not to include taxes because the lowest tax in Canada is 5% and highest at 15% while in the states it's 0-8% I believe.

I paid 22,400ish before tax and delivery for an SX MT... While I hear some paid 16,000 USD for the same thing.

Ah well them taxes are doing something (or at least I'd like to think so haha).

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, I pay $94.50/month for a high deductible health plan for my wife and myself which doesn't really cover anything until I pay the $4k deductible(which resets every year) first. So that's one of the things rolled into the tax difference.

Car parts or see the doctor about that pesky heart condition...hmmm.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I hear ya man.

I try not to include taxes because the lowest tax in Canada is 5% and highest at 15% while in the states it's 0-8% I believe.

I paid 22,400ish before tax and delivery for an SX MT... While I hear some paid 16,000 USD for the same thing.

Ah well them taxes are doing something (or at least I'd like to think so haha).
You want to talk taxes?

Sales tax in Poland - 22%. Actually, most of Europe is about 20% of VAT (sales tax) on most items.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well now we're talking different continents and vastly different currencies.

USD and CAD are similar and sometimes on par (not often).

Plus I have no idea how much things sell for in Poland.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Well now we're talking different continents and vastly different currencies.

USD and CAD are similar and sometimes on par (not often).

Plus I have no idea how much things sell for in Poland.
Just like USA to CAN...
For instance, Sportage, with 1.6T (not 2.0...) sells for 126000 PLN, that is about 33k USD. Similar equipment.
Cee'd GT, which would be like Forte5, 17.5k USD.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now that I told the dealership in Los Angeles (GAWD) that I didn't like the dealer mark ups - $800 GPS alarm and $800 VIN# etching & "Snake-oil" protective paint & fabric protector (GAWD what horsesh**) - the "sales manager" has offered to bring the price down. I told him put something in WRITING. Just slap the ball back to their court - as it were.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts