Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all thought I would post a thread up for anyone that has a gopro and wants to share tips, tricks, or whatever else these little guys do.

I am currently looking at a hero3 black edition or the hero4 sessions. I have no idea which on to get. The sessions of course is the newest but the 3 seems like it has more features and has better quality but not sure. Only looking at a 3 because it's in my price range and the sessions is just barely more.

I will be purchasing these through my work so that's why I am looking at these two cameras. I am mainly going to use it for my car and jetski. The regular hero4 black is just way to much for me. I was looking at just buying the gopro equivalent camera but if I go through work I can make a few payments and not be strapped next month lol

Any advice would be great!

Edit: The hero3 that I would be getting is the plus black edition

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the Hero 3+ Black but really have not used it much. I have a few different mounts for it. I'm real leery about using the suction cup mount on the outside of my car even tho they claim at speeds of 150+ mph.

·
Registered
580 Posts
the one it comes with is ok . Look into the ram mount for an even stronger grip . It is also more versatile and uses one lock knob instead of 3

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a GoPro until I broke it, I want to get another one, I will sooner or later.

The suction cup that it comes with is ridiculously strong. When I first got it, I wanted to test it's strength before trusting it with my camera, so I attached it to the fridge and pulled. I was able to drag the fridge around my kitchen by the suction cup, so that satisfied me. The fridge in my apartment at the time had a smooth surface, this won't work if your fridge has a textured surface.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What all does the Hero3+ Black edition come with? I know it said it comes with a flat adhesive mount and then a curved adhesive mount but nothing about the suction mount. I really need the suction one for my car and I may use the adhesive ones for my jet ski so it is mounted in the right spot for towing.

I am still debating between the sessions and the hero3+ lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's not a bad price for the mount. What would be a good SD card for it?

So I am leaning more towards the Hero3+ black edition. Seems like it takes better pictures and video then the sessions. I just like the sessions because of the size.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am ordering my gopro hero3+ tomorrow and wanted to find out if it comes with the charge cable for the little remote it comes with. If not I am going to order it.

So far I am getting the gopro, gopro case, extra battery, suction mount.

Anything else that is needed asap?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If your concerned about the camera price. I use a mobius actioncam. There's a ton of accessories for it and it's 1080p.

I think the new updated battery can go an hour without charging. Or you can hook an external battery to it.

I rarely charge mine and it hasn't died on me yet during my recordings for my YouTube channel.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking that but I can get the gopro through work and we get a little discount on them.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my work added the new gopro hero4 black edition to the line up last week so I went ahead and ordered it along with the suction mount. I went to micro center and bought a 64gb sd card and now I am going to look for the tethers and a extra battery for it. I should have the camera next week.

I will be taking video of my exhaust on take off and driving when I get it to post it up. Also going to start posting up videos of me driving up in the canyons around here with it. Super excited to finally own one. Going to also get a carry case for it and some other accessories in due time lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I got my suction cup mount today from what the delivery said on amazon. Everywhere I looked it was $39. Amazon wanted $28 with free shiping. I can't wait to get home and check it out. I really want to make a exhaust video of my car while driving

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's the sessions and found out it doesn't have the quality that the hero has. I was looking at that one hard for a while and started researching it and didn't like what people said about it. I like the size because it can fit anywhere you want it with ease.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts