Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

We are reaching out to let our communities know that we have moved the site off our current hosting platform to Google Cloud today.

If you notice any issues, please report them in the Community to Team section and we will get them addressed ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Your Community Management Team

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Permissions must have been crossed up during transition. Techs have been alerted

Kevin
Kevin,
I am not sure if that's me only, but some pages do not display correctly.
I visit forum via "active topics"
https://www.forteturbo.org/index.php?pageid=active_topics
it displays as shown below.
Some other, like this thread, are OK.

Another broken one is main page.
https://www.forteturbo.org/index.php

Any idea why?
I tried all browsers, two computers at two different places (thinking maybe some traffic is blocked) and same results.

Reactions: drc69

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
I was also having difficulty with the "What's New?" Link on my desktop running Google Chrome. Page would load with text overlapping itself and in a different font than usual (times New Roman?)

On my phone, I WAS experiencing issues with the formatting (topics & pictures running off screen) but that appears to have since been fixed.

Android 7.1.1 and Firefox 60.0.2 if that matters.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
staax

in my case it is only certain sites and only applies to this forum. forteforums.com/ is OK, kia-forums.com, hyundai-forums.com, macanforum.com, fiat500usaforum.com are fine as well.

And again - this thread, calendar, FAQ, members profiles - those are just fine.
Active topics, home - are messed up.

IE, edge, Chrome, FF - all act same. Windows 10. Two different computers, two different providers. One has some restrictions, while home does not any.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm having the same problems. Do you think there working on it?
Active topics, home - are messed up. Yes Yes
I'm not having any fun here. Please fix

·
Registered
399 Posts
WOW. Everything looks GREAT again.
Thank You

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Back to normal.
Thanks Kevin.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Well, two things I would like to bring up.
One is not being able to create a new thread in Site Help and Support.
Maybe it is intentional, but then all problems get piled up into one thread that is active. Not a big deal. I just noticed that trying to report the following.

So, when quoting a post, you get all text included in the quote, unless you manually delete some of it.
And this is just fine.
However, the problem is when the post has any pictures. Then all the pics are included in the quote.
As a result the page is slowed down and gets very lengthy if a few users do the same trick.
While sometimes I find it helpful, in majority of cases it is not.

I know different forums have it done differently...

·
Registered
445 Posts
One thing I have noticed is that if the window is not the full screen, and it's small enough, "Advertise" on the grey header bar will float down and overlay the "new posts' button.

View attachment 15975

Then when you go to click the "new posts" button, focus will shift to the "advertise" button...

hover over New Posts turns to advertise.jpg

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

·
Administrator
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi there,

Users are now able to create a new thread here.
As for the photo post issue, I went looking around for threads with issues and found no signs of slowdowns while accessing the thread.
I would recommend clearing your caches and that would usually cause some browsers to slow down.

Ed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts