Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 2016 steel blue forte 5 sx

So yesterday. I got an amazing offer to trade in my 2015 sx with 28k. Straight up for a 2016 with 13. Not 13k, 13

Traded manual for automatic (that's a topic for another thread, I *hate* the gearing in these cars)

So in doing so, I had to remove all my mods, which included
6xth element short ram intake
6xth element catch can
845 motorsports hot pipe
Turbo xs bov

I reset the ecu as I was doing this, then of course had to drive the car to the dealer

What a difference. No power. Surging. Stumbling. Couldn't hardly drive the car.

I knew the mods made a difference when I installed them (except Bov, obviously). But I didn't realize it was this drastic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Did the dealer contact you or were you on the lot?

Considering the depreciation of the KIA's that is an amazing offer. I'd have a hard time turning that down as well...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually was going in because my driver side seat bolster was cracking, so I was there for warranty work.

They caught me as I was driving around from the service dept

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, yes the depreciation is terrible. I still owed a little over 18k on it and their first offer was to give me 12

·
Registered
524 Posts
So "straight up" just meaning the typical dealer swindle where they kept the same payments but extended your payments I presume. What were the actual dollar amounts on trade and purchase?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. Straight up is my term, not theirs

They ended up giving me 16.5 for mine, and I paid 28 for the new one. Only difference between the 2 is color, newer, automatic vs manual (old one).

My interest rate went down by almost a %.

My payment did go up by 13$ but only because I added the gap insurance in with the payments instead of paying outright for it like last time.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Holy hell dude. $28k for a Forte? On an outgoing model year that should be in closeout at that? How is that a straight up trade for the $18k you owed? $18k is what I paid for mine new. Check with your insurance/bank to see if they offer gap too and then cancel the dealer's if possible. Through my insurance it's actually less than $1/month.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did you get your forte for 18k new?

Mine is and was the turbo with everything but navigation. I paid 26k for the 2015 with manual, and 28k for the 2016 with automatic. I got it financed through kia, and my insurances gap insurance is actually more.

Both cars had a 2,500 cash back incentive that I just rolled into the loan afterwards. So my payments didn't change, but it was basically an immediate payment of 2500, which I used to postpone the first months payment at least.

So all in all, this car I got for 25.5 and change, but the loan was for 28k and change. If I pay for it month to month, to completion, I'll have paid about 28-29k after interest charges (I forget the exact numbers, I don't have them in front of me)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Comparing what you paid for the Forte is something I never agreed with. Factoring in WHERE you bought the Forte will play a huge part in how much you paid for it.

In Canada, the MSRP for a base SX (2016) is 24,195 and our tax in Ontario is 13%.

Nouse, in my books you got hell of a deal, but that deal simply isn't possible where I live, similar to many other states I'm sure.

Grats on the new car Crosive, as much as I dislike the gearing too, I still wouldn't trade it for an auto.

·
Registered
524 Posts
How did you get your forte for 18k new?

Mine is and was the turbo with everything but navigation. I paid 26k for the 2015 with manual, and 28k for the 2016 with automatic. I got it financed through kia, and my insurances gap insurance is actually more.

Both cars had a 2,500 cash back incentive that I just rolled into the loan afterwards. So my payments didn't change, but it was basically an immediate payment of 2500, which I used to postpone the first months payment at least.

So all in all, this car I got for 25.5 and change, but the loan was for 28k and change. If I pay for it month to month, to completion, I'll have paid about 28-29k after interest charges (I forget the exact numbers, I don't have them in front of me)

USAA's car buying service guaranteed me a price of $18,900. Then I just walked in on the last day of September, took a test drive, talked numbers, then said I was going to the VW dealer next to check out the Golf. Then they threw in the additional $1k off for $17,900 to keep me from walking out the door. It is just an SX, no package. But that package ain't worth 10k. And this was in Portland where their asking price included a $2500 "market adjustment" markup, which is nonsense.

Someone was posting up dealer ads for an SX for $16k and change as their internet asking price.

Fully loaded MSRP is $27,335. So confused about how you got to 28 with a $2500 rebate.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well perhaps your research and mine were using different databases. Mine showed the msrp of the one I got being a tad under 31. Their sticker reflected that as well.

Of course then again I could have been using old data. Who knows.

Either or, I got it for a little less than what they are going for around here. Sure I could have driven a few hours and saved some money, but I wasn't all for doing that.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Traded manual for automatic (that's a topic for another thread, I *hate* the gearing in these cars)
I did exactly same thing...
http://www.forteturbo.org/forum/3-i...say-goodbye-time-say-new-hello.html#post36802

Opinions were different
http://www.forteturbo.org/forum/9-k...matic-trade-how-rent-sx-better.html#post33506
and now I can say - well, there are times I miss DIY transmission, but majority of the time I am happy with AT.

Fuel economy dropped, but heck, I am not hypermiling anymore.

Enjoy your ride.
I got mine for about 24k USD OTD. That is 2016 black with technology.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did exactly same thing...
http://www.forteturbo.org/forum/3-i...say-goodbye-time-say-new-hello.html#post36802

Opinions were different
http://www.forteturbo.org/forum/9-k...matic-trade-how-rent-sx-better.html#post33506
and now I can say - well, there are times I miss DIY transmission, but majority of the time I am happy with AT.

Fuel economy dropped, but heck, I am not hypermiling anymore.

Enjoy your ride.
I got mine for about 24k USD OTD. That is 2016 black with technology.
I'd say my fuel economy went down a tad, but I've only got about 125 on the new car, and its close to tit for tat, if you want to believe the gauge cluster.

I hate how the manual never released at the same point. How it surged in first. How you could never reliably rev match it.

Its just a bad system all the way around. And I've been driving stick for 15 years. I tried to get used to it, but after a year, I couldn't.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I think a new record has been set. $15,500 for a new SX!
Well, I would be careful.
I got a great quote, awesome price on used one. 2015 with barely 10k miles, fully loaded, AT. And then other fees came in... like the doc fee they charged $890. Yes, almost a 1000 dollars for doc fee.
So again. what would be OTD... the dealer can trick them into "preparation fee" or some other crap.

For now the numbers do not add up... 15500-9000=6500 plus 6.875 tax that is already 6950. So where tags, doc fee, and other stuff?

I know you can get a great deal on 2016 MT as a few of them still left out there, but until all is on paper, I would be carful.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got a great quote, awesome price on used one. 2015 with barely 10k miles, fully loaded, AT. And then other fees came in... like the doc fee they charged $890. Yes, almost a 1000 dollars for doc fee.
So again. what would be OTD... the dealer can trick them into "preparation fee" or some other crap.

For now the numbers do not add up... 15500-9000=6500 plus 6.875 tax that is already 6950. So where tags, doc fee, and other stuff?

I know you can get a great deal on 2016 MT as a few of them still left out there, but until all is on paper, I would be carful.

This was on the windshield sticker of a new 2016 rspec Genesis on the Hyundai dealer up the road. Apparently nitrogen pulls a premium, what with its rarity in our atmosphere and such

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Wheel locks 300???? Made of gold or what?

Nitrogen... let's not go there. It was such big scam... and people still fall for it.

I can offer anyone almost 80% nitrogen filled tires for free.

Reactions: Trocko

·
Registered
524 Posts

Doc fees are entirely negotiable, yes all the way to $0. Presume plates are being transferred from the Soul. What else is there? He stated it was OTD.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wheel locks 300???? Made of gold or what?

Nitrogen... let's not go there. It was such big scam... and people still fall for it.

I can offer anyone almost 80% nitrogen filled tires for free.
Yeah even now my parents are still asking me if it is ok to top off their nitrogen filled tires with regular air...

If nitrogen stays in the tire longer then with every top off you should be increasing your nitrogen content as the other gasses leak out heh. Meanwhile my regular old air filled tires haven't needed a top off at all over a year and a half.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts

This was on the windshield sticker of a new 2016 rspec Genesis on the Hyundai dealer up the road. Apparently nitrogen pulls a premium, what with its rarity in our atmosphere and such

lol, wow! Costco fills tires with nitrogen for free and you dont have to be a member. Stealership at it's finest

Those are some crazy prices though

1 - 20 of 28 Posts