Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo I ordered the BOV here and didn't notice at the top it says it's for the 2.0T.

I have the 1.6T.

Anyone know if it will work?

Order is still processing. I hope 845 doesn't hit me with the restocking fee if I screwed up...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
2018 Forte5 SX

Had to modify the rail that the hood sits on and flip the MAP sensor around. Process is as follows:

Remove the front bumper. YouTube this.

Remove air box. Three bolts hold the box where the filter rests, two push tabs hold the front of the air box to the rail.

Remove bolt holding hood latch. You'll have to modify this bracket by bending the protrusion that sticks in a hole in the rail before you put it back. Bend it 180° to point inwards. You'll use a self tapping screw to move it up and away from the BOV.

Remove air box that funnels air to intercooler. Two bolts accessible after bumper removal. Slide this funnel over to the left in front of the radiator.

Remove the top portion of the stock BPV. Two 10mm bolts accessible from engine bay, one 10mm bolt accessible from the front. Remove the stock vacuum hose using pliers to depress the clamp that holds the hose.

Remove the MAP sensor and reverse it. You'll need to unhook the wire harness. While you're at it, remove the zip tie harness from the frame because you're going to need the extra length to plug the MAP sensor back in. You're reversing the MAP because the vacuum flange on the BOV will interfere with it in stock configuration.

You can't just bolt the new BOV on. It will fit very tight between IC and rail. I mean, you can, like I did at first, but it actually pushes down on the IC noticeably. Also it will clunk when the BOV closes, I'm guessing due to the stress and force Place the BOV on the stock BPV and push it forward to where it wants to rest. Mark an outline of it on the rail that is going to hit. You'll be removing this part of the rail.

Move the BPV bottom portion out of the way and cover it with something to keep metal shaving out. You'll learn why.

Cover the intercooler opening and air intake tube with tape. Same reason.

Here's the "fun" part. You'll need some drill bits and a grinding rasp. Drill a pilot hole in the top of the rail straight down to where the front bolt of the BOV will be. Then drill another pilot on the bottom part of the rail. Depending on how confident you are with your pilot accuracy, select a spade or larger drill bit of size you're comfortable with. I used 7/8. Embiggen both holes.

Grind out the bottom rail with your rasp, removing up to your paint pen marks.

Bolt the BOV on after you've used air compressor to blow any shaving away from vulnerable openings.

Install everything in reverse order after you set your BOV bias and vent. The vent must be 3/4-fully open, or your stock air box will hit the BOV. Also make sure you route your vacuum tube and the connector for the MAP sensor such that they won't interfere with any other parts.

Now you have a DVX BOV that fits, and can remove it without having to remove the front bumper, but by only loosening the four bolts holding the bumper to the rail where the hood rests and the air box!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts