Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What does you guys range usually reset at when you fill up? Mine is usually 399 miles, but I've seen it as low as 385.

Today, it went up to 404 after a fill up. I know this doesn't mean a whole lot on the grand scheme of things, i just thought it was odd how after 20k miles it went this high for the first time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Don't really pay attention to the range since I don't fill up at the same level all the time. But my running average is 29mpg hand calculated and 30 in the computer.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Range differs so much. I averaged about 550km to a tank before I went on a road trip. Now its at 640km.

But I average about 7.8L/100 km.

Around 26-27 mpg I think.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
399 but what? km or miles? Units... please. No unit and number makes no sense.

Now, you can change that and your range will not reset. You can go to users settings and change range ot reset itself after each fill up or manually by your input.

Depending on the first 10 miles of your driving style it will update the range. It will assume around 12 (or 13) gallons of fuel can be used from the tank. If you average 35 mpg in the first 10 miles, then computer will display 422 miles range (12x36=432, 432-10=422).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
399 but what? km or miles? Units... please. No unit and number makes no sense.

Now, you can change that and your range will not reset. You can go to users settings and change range ot reset itself after each fill up or manually by your input.

Depending on the first 10 miles of your driving style it will update the range. It will assume around 12 (or 13) gallons of fuel can be used from the tank. If you average 35 mpg in the first 10 miles, then computer will display 422 miles range (12x36=432, 432-10=422).
I edited it. It's hard for me to remember that not everyone is on the same freedom scale ;-)

Also. The only way i can get my range to change manually is to reset the ecu. I've tried tricking it and i actually sat at the gas pump with 42 mpg on the dash and it still only said 399 miles range.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You've gone through the dash to try and reset it using the steering wheel buttons and that doesn't work? (This is how do you do it on the non-tech package)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Seeing you guys get such good mpg makes me worry.... If I drive like a saint in winter I'm lucky to get 26mpg.... Right now as I've said I'm getting 17mpg...i am tuned, and run colder plugs... I have 6th intake and res delete, as well as 2ndcat and res delete... Any ideas on what I could look into?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Seeing you guys get such good mpg makes me worry.... If I drive like a saint in winter I'm lucky to get 26mpg.... Right now as I've said I'm getting 17mpg...i am tuned, and run colder plugs... I have 6th intake and res delete, as well as 2ndcat and res delete... Any ideas on what I could look into?
Your right foot.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Me thinks spark plugs.
I put colder ones and it seems I average less MPG now...

Your right foot.
:D

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Gas mileage won't matter. It will change depending on the MPG,driving style registered by the ECU and your foot. I just usually see as how long I can hold until the next gas station.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You've gone through the dash to try and reset it using the steering wheel buttons and that doesn't work? (This is how do you do it on the non-tech package)
I can reset the mpg and it will change based on how I'm driving, but it never changes the range, that only changes when i put fuel in.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Good news, we had a storm roll through, ambient got down to 88,with ac off and my intercooler sprayer I got iat to 96! And mpg went up to 23!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just did a trip from Phoenix to Las Vegas and got 28 mpg. My previous car, Ford Focus HB, got 37 mpg but I am more than willing to accept less mpg for the big power increase. It was really fun driving through the mountains in the F5, passing was much easier, and I found the car to be comfortable for that 12 hour roundtrip drive.

·
Registered
135 Posts
23 does seem hella low. Is that mostly city or highway?

Strangely, I find my mileage is much better in the city, and 45-60 is the sweet spot depending on 5th or 6th gear. I've got roughly the same mods and I'm sitting at 27-28 on average. I remember getting 34 when I was just tuned + SRI... Those were the days!

*edit Have you been watching your AFR? Maybe you're running too rich.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
It's the heat.... Nothing else to it....
Well, can't be.
Actually, petrol engine will perform better (more efficient, not more power) when air coming in will be warm. Very large engines (I am talking about huge ones in factories...) have intake air heaters to increase efficiency.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts