Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah I've used them on prior cars. Make it super simple. I'll put one on the Forte at the first oil change I do.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I like the idea. But how hard is it to bring a 17mm under the car with you when you bring the oil pan?

I always thought this was better suited to fleet vehicles

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the idea. But how hard is it to bring a 17mm under the car with you when you bring the oil pan?

I always thought this was better suited to fleet vehicles
It's not hard, but sometimes it's windy and the drips blow all over, etc... Not a huge deal, but I'll be under there 60 more times during the life of the car (hopefully ;) ) so I figured I'd make it easier on me...

·
Registered
633 Posts
I don't think that bringing a 17mm wrench with you is the issue, I believe its more to do with the idea that you won't over-tighten or under-tighten the drain bolt. Personally, ive tightened it and wondered "oh crap" did I strip it?

And then I've said "is that tight enough" and 2 days later I'm back underneath to tighten it a little more because its leaking ever so slightly.

With that said, I'd never buy one only because its too common for me to run through snow or hit a piece of ice and worry that I may have cracked that drain valve a little. Call me a worry-wort, but Its peace of mind to me!

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I have looked into these and I'm always worried that if something hits it just right it will open. Out here we get a lot of the tire tread from the semi trucks on the fwy. I am good at dodging them but there is always that one lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I will look and see if the adapter is needed. With the adapter and the lock it's $36 on amazon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts