Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Fuel line is on national backorder. They let me have my car back however. Their tests conclude that it is not either pump.

I need to get torque set up again on the new phone and I will see if I can get a screen capture for you guys so you know what to look for.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Fuel line replaced with 6th's fuel line. So fast so good. It's been raining so I have not been able to push it hard. But so far no fuel cut.

There is a bit more noise with the line, but power did feel more consistent so worth the trade off. Rolling down the windows at a stop makes the noise inaudible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue in my 2016 F5sx 6sp only 3k miles. I agree that it is a safety hazard and am having the issue addressed in 2 weeks when it goes in for first oil change. I am very curious to find out what causes this and how I can fix the issue. Preferably without mods and it being a simple ecu update. I know this is an old thread, but did you ever find anything out??

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I'm having the same issue in my 2016 F5sx 6sp only 3k miles. I agree that it is a safety hazard and am having the issue addressed in 2 weeks when it goes in for first oil change. I am very curious to find out what causes this and how I can fix the issue. Preferably without mods and it being a simple ecu update. I know this is an old thread, but did you ever find anything out??
I bet you did not read the whole thread... as the culprit was found and solution provided.
It is fuel lines that kink - it is not apparent on low load or when car is newer, as the engine mount bushing (so called dog-bone) is stiff enough to hold the engine in place.

Replace fuel lines. Simple as that.

Reactions: F5Florida

·
Registered
458 Posts
So like many 'car guys' who watch Youtube videos of modified cars, I thought hitting the rev limiter would produce that bouncing off the redline sound but in our cars at least in stock forum, it feels like you hit the brakes. I accidentally hit the rev limiter the other day merging on the freeway. The car felt like it hit a brick wall.

How many of you have experienced this?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So like many 'car guys' who watch Youtube videos of modified cars, I thought hitting the rev limiter would produce that bouncing off the redline sound but in our cars at least in stock forum, it feels like you hit the brakes. I accidentally hit the rev limiter the other day merging on the freeway. The car felt like it hit a brick wall.

How many of you have experienced this?
Is it MT?
My experience was not brick wall. It was simply taking gas off, like coasting. Of course it feels like sudden braking, but again - you are in what, like 2rd gear pushing over 6500 rpm at nearly 60 mph. Of course letting off the gas will have sudden reaction :)

In AT, though, it is like slower shift, or miss shift...

Experienced both.
However, I learnt that it is better to shift early as opposed to let it too close to rev limiter, which, I suspect, is different depending on gear. The lower the gear the earlier it triggers. But it might be simply tacho that does not follow quickly enough.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Is it MT?
My experience was not brick wall. It was simply taking gas off, like coasting. Of course it feels like sudden braking, but again - you are in what, like 2rd gear pushing over 6500 rpm at nearly 60 mph. Of course letting off the gas will have sudden reaction :)

In AT, though, it is like slower shift, or miss shift...

Experienced both.
However, I learnt that it is better to shift early as opposed to let it too close to rev limiter, which, I suspect, is different depending on gear. The lower the gear the earlier it triggers. But it might be simply tacho that does not follow quickly enough.
I think it was 3rd. I was pushing close to 130km/h at redline.

Yeah it felt weird to me because I was expecting a brp brp brp sound like from a modified car. It wasn't sexy sounding at all.

What is the point where the peak power dies off? I heard our cars don't keep making power till red line so may be 5,500rpm?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I think it was 3rd. I was pushing close to 130km/h at redline.

Yeah it felt weird to me because I was expecting a brp brp brp sound like from a modified car. It wasn't sexy sounding at all.

What is the point where the peak power dies off? I heard our cars don't keep making power till red line so may be 5,500rpm?
There is nothing sexy in it :D It just dies. If not that, it could die completely.

Per specs, they make power till 6000 rpm. That is peak 201 HP (on paper). Max torque runs through 1750-4500.

And that's about right - 130 km/h would be close to cut off. You should up shift at 125 km/h.
Also, I would say - up shift even earlier as the gears are short and from 6500 rpm you get into over 5000 rpm in 4th...
http://www.forteturbo.org/forum/19-...6-forte-speed-each-gear-manual-automatic.html

Reactions: 2014Forte5

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bet you did not read the whole thread... as the culprit was found and solution provided.
It is fuel lines that kink - it is not apparent on low load or when car is newer, as the engine mount bushing (so called dog-bone) is stiff enough to hold the engine in place.

Replace fuel lines. Simple as that.
Yeah I thought I got to last page and apparently wasn't. My fault there. I see you said the fuel line issue is usually not apparent when it's newer. I bought the car with 181 miles on it and have had this problem the first time I went wot in 3rd getting on freeway and now have 3k miles. I thought maybe a break in period or governor. Crazy to think a kinked fuel line issue on a new car. I am having it serviced tomorrow so I will address the fuel line issue and make sure it's replaced.

Thanks for the reply, Sorry for the forum noob mistake lol.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Revisiting old thread... as I am afraid I just started experiencing it.

In my case, and it seems some reported same thing, at about 5500 rpm, in 3rd, 4th, and even today in 2nd gear, under WOT I heat a wall.
I mean, complete loss of power.

I thought 2016's were "cured" from this issue, but it does not seem so.

Any thoughts?

Shall I bring it to dealer?
2016, 18k miles...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I am the OP. I would recommend going to the dealer and have them look into it. And replace it if necessary. They need to see there is a problem. Also log the fuel pressure and use that as evidence if they give you are a hard time. And report it to the NHT or whoever.

Also have them cross reference part numbers between MY15, I think I posted the part number in here, and yours. If they say there is an updated pary give it a try, if not ask for another solution and offer up one of the vendors lines. See how it goes 😉

P.s. if you read this entire thread you saw it happened to my twice in like 15 months I think. No problems since the sxth line 👍

81 - 93 of 93 Posts