Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think I'm going to join this club.... High rpm, ready to shift, hit gas after shift, pedal to floor... No go go... Try again... Nope... Again (starting to plan how to get to side of the road) and have throttle...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Looks like your next purchase is gonna be a fuel line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Fuel line bro. I changed mine finally and I don't have the hang up anymore at 5500. Super smooth. Now that I have a better line now I am hitting more limiters in the tune! Lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hoping to get my fuel line on soon and looking forward to seeing the difference.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I understand that an aftermarket fuel line is superior, but why not get KIA to replace the factory one? Is the feeling that it will just do the same thing again?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Correct and I think I read a while back that a VT guy had Hyundai replace his via recall and it was the same line that was on the car.... Makes sense right. That's why I'd rather spend the money and buy a better line. Do it right the first time. I can't say that I've seen or hit any limits with the factory line. I don't drive overly hard and I'm not tuned. I've been running a fuel PDI and keeping an eye on it. So it will be interesting to see the difference once I install my fuel line.

·
Registered
458 Posts
With a tune it's basically a must.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Just wanted to agreed a bit more info. The head mechanic at the dealer said he saw it one other time and it was collapsing right at the low pressure pump. So no kink involved from he. said. I am now at 10k miles and have not had a repeat of the issue.

·
Registered
518 Posts
when i took off my factory line i didn't see anywhere it could kink. there definitely is a lot of bends but mine looked like it wouldn't kink. and 2014:1.6lT i think yours might have something to do with the tune. i wouldn't say a fuel line is a must but it's definitely a good buy. i wouldn't rule the fuel line out as being a possibility. but you did have your whole ecu tampered with. and you're at the right time of proper break in for your tune so you might be hitting some type of limiters. just my 2 pennies

·
Registered
20 Posts
As a dealer tech I have only witnessed the fuel line collapse ONE time. It was a 15 Sorento with V6, and the guy beat the living piss out of it. KIA's solution was to replace the low pressure feed line. Not sure if it was "updated", but it has been almost a year and we have not seen that vehicle back for the same concern. But yes, the low line was sucking shut under extreme conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone else experienced this recently? It was happening to me and the car is at the dealership right now. They have taken a week looking at it and sending logs into Kia's tech line and I still haven't heard back. They replaced the fuel pump on the first visit and that didn't do anything to fix it. I told them to consider the high pressure fuel line and of course they brush it off because I'm just a customer (Even though I was a tech for years). If they say they can't fix it I will definitely try the aftermarket fuel line in case that is the issue. It could be a boost leak too.... This is definitely a frustrating issue.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Had this issue occur for the first time yesterday on a road trip. Had been cruising on a twisty 4 lane between 60 to 70 mph in eco mode. Came to a light in a more congested area and switched eco off. Pulled out easy as it was raining tc/stc off then went full throttle and it just stopped around 5k rpm wouldnt rev past that. I immediately let off and fed it throttle progressively. Waited a minute and made 3 pulls from 60 to 80 just fine. Never happened again after that. Haven't driven it today but it definitely felt like a fuel cut off, almost like hitting a limiter. So i think the upgraded fuel line is on my to do list ASAP

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think mine is tune related.. Because my duel pressure doesn't drop... But my throttle percentage doesn't change, like at all.... -_-

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Mine would hold up at 4500-5k and wouldn't go any further. I kept thinking it was my tune and even watched my torque app and didn't notice the fuel pressure falling. I went ahead and replaced the line and the issue was gone

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I did not experience fuel cut off on any gear, yet when I look on the fuel pressure, it seems to fluctuate a lot.
What should it be? Steady high pressure? Like 2000 PSI?

Mine goes anywhere from 400 to 2000 PSI when driving. There seem to be no correlation to driving attitude.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I did not experience fuel cut off on any gear, yet when I look on the fuel pressure, it seems to fluctuate a lot.
What should it be? Steady high pressure? Like 2000 PSI?

Mine goes anywhere from 400 to 2000 PSI when driving. There seem to be no correlation to driving attitude.
More of a fuel pressure = load%, the low side pressure is always at a constant while the high side will very from 400 to 2350 PSI.

The pressure drop that you want to watch will be on the low side line before the high pressure fuel pump and fuel rail side. If the ECU sees high side pressure dropping it will cut the throttle back to maintain the appropriate pressure, hence the dead end feeling at 4500-5000 rpms when it happens. If the car is at full throttle and boost and you just cut fuel, basically leaning out the mixture/afr/lamda, your engine would look like mine.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts