Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm debating this as well. I was thinking about going with some clear plastidip , as both to protect, and to test how well it will hold up in my area

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I fiddled around with plasti-dip on my SRT4 ACR, more of a pain in the rumpus - Xpel technologies has a precise template for the Kia Koup front with a variety of thicknesses of film grade etc

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep the car looking new

Kia Koup Film.JPG Well after living with ruined bumper finishes and stone chips all over the hood, I think I'll set aside money for installing some front protective film. I dug up this on X-pel's website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this installed on my F5 before even driving off the lot. Too many rock chips from sand on the roads in the winter so this should keep things looking a lot cleaner!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My local dealer had a red SX with some protective "snake oil" coating, ($795) on the paint, (no comment) - but it's no substitute for a layer of vinyl or such covering the front bumper from stones, sand spray, road grime, bugs and rocks that come out of dump trucks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Paint protection is a must especially if you're planning on keeping your vehicle long term!
Oh I agree and there is always some road debris, tire "kick-up", what I call "sand-blast" - small sand particles; esp desert regions like the southwest US, bugs galore, road spray etc.
So I'm considering this with purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts