Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently relocated my front licence plate to our front tow-hook. Now I couldn't find any company making one specifically for our car so i reached out to a vendor and sent the thread gap measurements along with the measurements of our tow-hook and guess what you wont believe it, we share the same thread spacing as the veloster tow-hook WHO would have thought right??(sarcasm:p)

I got mine from Rho-Plate but any company that has one for the veloster will work for ours

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Great find! I've been back and forth on relocating locations but you found this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great find! I've been back and forth on relocating locations but you found this.
So it is Rho Plate and I believe 890USD + shipping

it is fully adjustable too so you can offset left/right up/down a bunch of different ways

tried multi quote hopefully Forte5 quote ends up on this

·
Registered
458 Posts
Looks good, bro. I'll know it's Mattman if I see a white ForteSX with the plate mod in the GTA.

I ordered one a few weeks ago from AliExpress and now it's just a waiting game.

Wait, are there holes drilled into the crash bar? I think mine has a plate bracket that slightly protrudes.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
This is more about personal preference, like any mod for your car. I personally liked my plate offset from center.
So.... any idea what to do with the holes left after removing the OEM plate holder?
I got mine used and the state I bought it from requires front plates as well. Mine does not. I removed the bracket, but nasty holes are there now...

Looks good, bro. I'll know it's Mattman if I see a white ForteSX with the plate mod in the GTA.
GTA? Are you talking about video game? lol

Whenever I see GTA it brings me the game, not Toronto... unless it is like GTA over there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GTA? Are you talking about video game? lol

Whenever I see GTA it brings me the game, not Toronto... unless it is like GTA over there.
you guys are awesome!
GTA = Greater Toronto Area
Toronto to us locals represents our downtown core

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently relocated my front licence plate to our front tow-hook. Now I couldn't find any company making one specifically for our car so i reached out to a vendor and sent the thread gap measurements along with the measurements of our tow-hook and guess what you wont believe it, we share the same thread spacing as the veloster tow-hook WHO would have thought right??(sarcasm:p)

I got mine from Rho-Plate but any company that has one for the veloster will work for ours
Very cool I like. But here in Calif they generally don't stop you for a front plate missing but if you get stop for a moving violation they will write you up for the missing plate to and anything else they can find / don't like. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Darth_Forte

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey, how do you install this? I got my kit int he mail but I'm not sure how to pop the plastic cover off. Does it pop off from behind? Do you need to take the bumper off for that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, how do you install this? I got my kit int he mail but I'm not sure how to pop the plastic cover off. Does it pop off from behind? Do you need to take the bumper off for that?
Hey you have luck figuring it out? Its pretty easy just a little elbow grease to pop it out

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Haven't had a chance to try again. I'll have some time tomorrow and I"ll try and use some plastic wedges I have that are designed for taking apart interior pieces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you figured out a solution for those holes? I want to get rid of my front plate but saw that I was going to have those holes and have been holding off on doing so.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have you figured out a solution for those holes? I want to get rid of my front plate but saw that I was going to have those holes and have been holding off on doing so.
only two real options
- stand far enough away that you cant see the holes
- buy some 3m carbon fiber vinyl and redo it?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I just don't look there :)

I thought about getting a new strip, but then spending this much of time and effort only to put a piece of plastic that actually already has pilot holes in it? Worthless.
Besides, this is just a car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts