Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may already be discussed in another thread but I was wondering how to remove the front bumper properly. If anyone knows, please tell me. Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Remove the four screws under hood at top of bumper. Take out plastic retainer clips for bumper under car, and metal screws on top part of wheel well. (Koup) Start pulling out and down on either right or left side of bumper by headlights and wheel well section. It is very hard to get bumper out of these pressure retaining clips. You may think you are going to break the bumper at first. Kind of wiggle them as you pull. I would have someone else to hold center of bumper so it doesn't suddenly drop on you and scratch on ground.

Once you have either side out, pull out middle, and then the other side. Voila! Bumper is off.

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Reactions: Trocko

·
Registered
458 Posts
Remove the four screws under hood at top of bumper. Take out plastic retainer clips for bumper under car, and metal screws on top part of wheel well. (Koup) Start pulling out and down on either right or left side of bumper by headlights and wheel well section. It is very hard to get bumper out of these pressure retaining clips. You may think you are going to break the bumper at first. Kind of wiggle them as you pull. I would have someone else to hold center of bumper so it doesn't suddenly drop on you and scratch on ground.

Once you have either side out, pull out middle, and then the other side. Voila! Bumper is off.

View attachment 1455
Is that the intercooler mounted vertically? It's so small, it's cute. lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.