Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I consider myself pretty mechanically inclined but for God's sake I can not figure out how to remove the damn bulb on the fog light. Granted, I haven't removed the bumper or put the car on ramps so I'm limited to what I can sort of see through the wheel well skin being pushed over after removing the two plastic screws. Anyone have any tips? Pics or, better yet, vids to help me out would be huge.

It seems all my posts lately have been for VERY basic help. WTF!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I consider myself pretty mechanically inclined but for God's sake I can not figure out how to remove the damn bulb on the fog light. Granted, I haven't removed the bumper or put the car on ramps so I'm limited to what I can sort of see through the wheel well skin being pushed over after removing the two plastic screws. Anyone have any tips? Pics or, better yet, vids to help me out would be huge.

It seems all my posts lately have been for VERY basic help. WTF!
Remove this cap.
$_1.JPG

Then you can see the bulb.
DSC00827.JPG

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply.

Like I said before, I didn't have the car up and was having a hard time seeing in there. I'm guessing the 3 screws have to be removed?

PS. Our manual sucks sometimes. Why can't it show the differences on the SX.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.

Like I said before, I didn't have the car up and was having a hard time seeing in there. I'm guessing the 3 screws have to be removed?

PS. Our manual sucks sometimes. Why can't it show the differences on the SX.
No the three screws stay, just turn the black part with a twist and the bulb comes out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha. Tried but I was at a funky angle. I'll have to get it on some ramps for some room and give it another whirl. Thanks again.

·
Registered
399 Posts
What kind of bulbs ( led? ) are you going to use / replace the oem with?
Are they H1 or H8?
Thx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought H8 led's. I've been told I should have bought H11b. I still haven't tried to get the factories out again. Busy. I'll post how it goes when it goes.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
too bad someone didnt make a live action video on how to do this and maybe even show the bulbs...

oh wait!

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you put the LED bulbs in, the LED lights that surround the fog light will go out. I tried it and ended up getting standard halogen bulbs that are whiter.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i almost want to look into disabling the headlight LEDs and the Foglight LEDs... im kind of a less is more person

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
too bad someone didnt make a live action video on how to do this and maybe even show the bulbs...

oh wait!

I only tried the drivers side and think it may have been stuck like your passenger side. Appreciate the post, very helpful. We need more of this simple stuff. They always seem to be the real headaches!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Are the low beams H11B as well? And what about the running lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts

oh wait!

Since I'll be shopping soon to add a '16 next to our '12, I thought I'd comment. Different bulb in our '12 but I installed these 2 years ago and still running strong. After owning a couple of old Benz diesels with PROPER yellow fog lights lol, I've used nothing but. They're great in inclement weather.

This is the night I installed them. Still had stock headlights but converted the H11b to H11 and installed Crystal Vision Ultra's.

This one is more recent with the Gen 1 projector headlights and HID kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts