Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have a preferential floor mat vendor? I have the bumper applique, cargo mat and something else - but no floor mats!!!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Maybe a set for those next winter - relatively mild climate where I live =- except for HEAT.
I'm in NC and we've got a relatively mild climate as well! Mud, snow (rarely), dirt, sand (when I go to the beach) everything gets collected on them. Every time I go to take them out the clean them the carpet underneath looks brand new!

What area do you want to live in

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The completely crime free and murder free state capitol of California. There is no crime here whatsoever. Everyone is safe and happy**

**disclaimer available upon request

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The completely crime free and murder free state capitol of California. There is no crime here whatsoever. Everyone is safe and happy**

**disclaimer available upon request
Lol Im in SoCal but originally from Sac. I use the stock floor mats for mine. Just recently we have been getting rain but its SoCal and I am sure the rain won't keep going lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll get a set of normal carpeted mats at a Kia Dealer tomorrow. The mats on ebay dont fit and it's difficult to chase down UPS and FEDEX trucks. Got the KOUP on monday and haven't drivenn it all week; busy with work.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just tossed in a set of KIA parts floor mats, the ebay one's dunt fit to due peg positions, so these will keep the carpet from getting old looking too quick.l DSCF1944.JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the weather-tech mats but found with all the snow and slush the salt stains were still a problem. The back of the floor in front of the seat and around the gas pedal and the gas door opener were the worst.
I came across (not sure if I saw it here?) a company from Toronto called Tuxmat- The reviews I could find seemed positive, It's a Canadian company so that worked out good for me- no exchange or duty- and the price was good. They only have the fronts right now but they fit my 5 like a glove and cover almost all the problem areas. I just put them in today- (first nice weather in a while) so I can't comment on the durability. They are pretty thick, though, and seem to help deaden the road noise as well.
Here is a picture that they sent me before I bought them :
mats.jpg
The sides are higher all around and the back covers much more carpet. I'll try and get some pictures later of them in my car, if anyone is interested.
That being said- I probably have a set of two year old Weather-tech front mats in good shape if anyone local (Ottawa) is interested...

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
41 Posts
$140 Canadian... the shipping is free in canada- not sure about to the states.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I payed $95 ish for a set of 4 OEM style black carpet mats from a local stealership. The ebay mats, with Forte KOUP embroidering, had hold down pegs in different locations for different model years, so while nice looking black & red stitching, they'd fit funny with a different cutout pattern too.
There is nothing more ghetto than improper fit floormats!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts