Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It never occur to me to post this here, so here it goes.

For those who are looking to protect the car from the nasty Canadian winter I have purchased these and so far they are doing an excellent job.

IMG_8382.JPG IMG_8383.JPG IMG_8384.JPG IMG_8385.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Working for me.

Where did you order them from? I like the rear one. Keep my kids crap from sticking to the carpet lol

·
Registered
439 Posts
hmm, they work on the computer, I've been having issues with my new tapatalk update.... My car came with both sets of Kia mats, I like the winter ones from Kia, they fit pretty nice. are your mats some kind of fabric too???

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^ i want to see a picture... i was thinking of weather techs, kia weather techs sound even better

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it at partsengine.ca. They are not fabric and IMO are better than weathertech and Kia winter. I have look at both prior to get these and I think these are better and also less money.

I paid 145 for the hole set.

·
Registered
103 Posts
little delayed reading here ill see if i can get something tomorrow, they were tossed in free. basiclly weathertechs with a kia logo instead lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dallas the gas pedal cut seems to be of poor design. Your salt is all collected at the bottom there.

I was thinking of getting some of these fancy WeatherTech/3D Spider but I bought some cheap stuff from Walmart for $15 and they seem tow keep the snow in and around the rubbered area fine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
one of these days i swear ill get a pic hahah..keep forgetting, up to my eyeballs with work lately and keep forgetting

·
Registered
439 Posts
I know sometimes my heel gets stuck on the kia winter floor mat, the gas pedal cut does kind of suck but I just try to position my foot differently. Have not tried the summer mats yet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Rick, do you find that sometimes your heel gets caught and then your clutch releasing isn't as smooth? I am working in some new shoes currently and they catch the Walmart liners I have which sometimes makes getting out of first jerky. I tried hovering my left clutch heel and that just doesn't feel natural to me; not sure what techniques people use, but I never learned that way. I suppose when you look at it, that will save you a lot of carpet wear when winter is gone and you're back to the carpet setup. I really hate the liner feel as it is right now and I don't plan on selling the car so keeping all the OEM carpet in pristine condition isn't much of a concern for me although I would rather prolong its life than otherwise.

May be I could alter my technique where I have my heel at a 45 degree angle almost like a reversed heel/toe style. And yeah while the 'sport' pedals are cool to look at, I've had some slips every now and again when my shoes are wet. Yikes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts