Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It never occur to me to post this here, so here it goes.

For those who are looking to protect the car from the nasty Canadian winter I have purchased these and so far they are doing an excellent job.

Hood Grey Trunk Automotive design Personal luxury car Hood Vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Grey Vehicle door Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Grey Car seat cover

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Working for me.

Where did you order them from? I like the rear one. Keep my kids crap from sticking to the carpet lol

·
Registered
439 Posts
hmm, they work on the computer, I've been having issues with my new tapatalk update.... My car came with both sets of Kia mats, I like the winter ones from Kia, they fit pretty nice. are your mats some kind of fabric too???

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^ i want to see a picture... i was thinking of weather techs, kia weather techs sound even better

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it at partsengine.ca. They are not fabric and IMO are better than weathertech and Kia winter. I have look at both prior to get these and I think these are better and also less money.

I paid 145 for the hole set.

·
Registered
103 Posts
little delayed reading here ill see if i can get something tomorrow, they were tossed in free. basiclly weathertechs with a kia logo instead lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dallas the gas pedal cut seems to be of poor design. Your salt is all collected at the bottom there.

I was thinking of getting some of these fancy WeatherTech/3D Spider but I bought some cheap stuff from Walmart for $15 and they seem tow keep the snow in and around the rubbered area fine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
one of these days i swear ill get a pic hahah..keep forgetting, up to my eyeballs with work lately and keep forgetting

·
Registered
439 Posts
I know sometimes my heel gets stuck on the kia winter floor mat, the gas pedal cut does kind of suck but I just try to position my foot differently. Have not tried the summer mats yet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Rick, do you find that sometimes your heel gets caught and then your clutch releasing isn't as smooth? I am working in some new shoes currently and they catch the Walmart liners I have which sometimes makes getting out of first jerky. I tried hovering my left clutch heel and that just doesn't feel natural to me; not sure what techniques people use, but I never learned that way. I suppose when you look at it, that will save you a lot of carpet wear when winter is gone and you're back to the carpet setup. I really hate the liner feel as it is right now and I don't plan on selling the car so keeping all the OEM carpet in pristine condition isn't much of a concern for me although I would rather prolong its life than otherwise.

May be I could alter my technique where I have my heel at a 45 degree angle almost like a reversed heel/toe style. And yeah while the 'sport' pedals are cool to look at, I've had some slips every now and again when my shoes are wet. Yikes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts