Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
Well I wanted to change the oil since it probably been in the engine since the car was new back in 2014 or so.
I bought it new with 24 miles on her.
Looked OK (oil) but smelled like fuel / kerosene or something like that.
I also installed the 6th Element delete pipe at the sametime.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Without going back and reading your intro post (welcome btw :) )... I was thinking "Damn, this guy has a 2014 and only 800-something miles!?!" But then I realized that you just bought it with 24 miles earlier this month...

You'll find the oil gets contaminated with fuel pretty quickly with these turbo GDI motors, I'd recommend a catch can especially on the PCV side. Dual catch can is best :)

Nice car!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without going back and reading your intro post (welcome btw :) )... I was thinking "Damn, this guy has a 2014 and only 800-something miles!?!" But then I realized that you just bought it with 24 miles earlier this month...

You'll find the oil gets contaminated with fuel pretty quickly with these turbo GDI motors, I'd recommend a catch can especially on the PCV side. Dual catch can is best :)

Nice car!
Okay thanks for the info on the fuel smell. I bought it Mid-Jan. and was out of town for a few weeks after that. I have another car so I drive it just a few times a week. I will look at the catch can setup (single) .
What brand / make is everyone using?
I'm sure your car is just as nice or better!
Thx

PS Sorry for the over-size pics I'll do better next time. I need to check my setup.

·
Registered
633 Posts
6thelementengineering offers a single or dual can setup made specifically for our cars. Quality appears to be top notch although a little on the pricy side. He offers detailed installation instructions too.

Other popular brands are the ADD W1 can, Saiku Michi, or a generic eBay brand with a DIY improvement (this is what I run).

As for pics - I recommend using a website like Imgur or photobucket... Simply upload a pic and copy the forum code (bbcode)... Or take the direct link from the image and just put
tags before and after... It will resize automatically.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
welcome. pictures are huge

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Close-enough.jpg ....................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts